1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout 3 PS3 - How do you get a house?

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Dice, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've been playing this game for a few days already. The game is good but sadly lacking on PS3 because we don't have a high resolution TV. I find myself squinting a lot to read the pip-boy and other text items.

But that wasn't the question that I had. I noticed that there is an empty locked house in Megaton and I'm assuming that there has to be some way that I can make it my own. I've talked to the townspeople and none of them have given me any option to buy it. What do I do to get the house?

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

How is the game? Is it worth the $60? Also, does the game let you play in 3rd person or is it only a 1st person game?

3. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Assuming they haven't randomly changed the quests from the PC version...

The house is related to the disarming of the bomb in the centre.

You can either disarm it and get this house, or you can detonate it for Mr Burke and get an aparment in Tenpenny Towers.

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ Munchkin - I like the game a lot but you have to have fairly high resolution TV to enjoy the graphics and be able to read the darn writing. The game is pretty much like Morrowind/oblivion except that you can't run around collecting plants because there aren't a lot of those in the future wasteland it is set in. About it being worth the $60, I would suggest that you rent it first an make sure that it doesn't freeze up your machine. I've been reading some things of the official forum about some pretty serious problems with the game on all platforms. Hopefully they will be able to patch it soon. You can also play the game in both first and third person depending on what you prefer.

@Tarrasque - Thanks for the hint friend but I ended up figuring that out shortly after I posted here. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.