1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tilde Key overridden by HP W7/Vista

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Nakia, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I have a Hewlett Packard computer with Windows 7 Purchased Feb. 2010 so it is fairly new.

In both Oblivion and Fallout 3 the Tilde key that accesses the console is overridden. On Bethesda they say something about detaching something from the USP. For Oblivion there was a mod "Gods Ring" I believe it was called that made it possible to access the Console with out doing whatever Bethesda is talking about. Sorry I didn't write down the exact information but can get it if necessary.

Does anyone know if there is a similar mod for Fallout 3?

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I did some digging but not conclusive as to this is it

One said:

Go to the 'my documents/my games/oblivion' folder and find the oblivion.ini file. Find the line bAllowConsole, and see what it's set to. It should be 1

An Other suggested to check the language of the keyboard.

A third spoke about a media centre sensor that caused it. take out the usb plug begore starting Oblivion.

You can try these and hopefully it works. Trying does not hurt.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This seems to be the answer for both Fallout and Oblivion the thing is I have no idea where this item is located or USB port to disconnect. I assume it is interior as I see nothing exterior that I didn't hook up.

Thank you for trying to help. Oblivion does have a mod that corrects the problem but I haven't found one for Fallout yet.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Some spoke of a remote on some HP machines

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I have the same problem on one of my computers and I've been out of luck so far. I've been told of a fix:

I haven't bothered doing it as I just use the Geck to get what I need in game but that may work (provided you can unplug the cord of course).

EDIT: I've found the mod (but I haven't tested it yet) check this link! FOSE is needed.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I've stumbled on this mod: Console Key Binder. It looks like it could be a better way to solve this problem with the console.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.