1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout 2- Unarmed Attacks

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Clixby, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Does anyone have any knowledge or documentation of the specific abilities of the various unarmed moves you can perform in Fallout 2?

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

gamefaqs.com have a lot of guides, may have something about that.

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    It depends on the stats (ST and AG) and the Unarmed skill. Special attacks cost more AP but cause more critical hits and damage. I don't have my booklet with me atm but I guess you can find info on the net.

4. Clixby Gems: 13/31

That's the thing- they do have a guide, but it seems to be wrong in some respects. For example, according to the guide, Jab requires 6 AP, whilst in the actual game it only requires 3. Stuff like this just makes me doubt the reliability of the guide, ad i was hoping I could hear from a different source.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Well, a Jab may only cost 3 - or 6 - AP but I know for a fact that burst with a H&K p90 costs about 4-5 depending on perks and does a ton more damage at that range (i.e. point blanc).

I would have to wonder why this topic would be so important? Trying to RP a monk or something?

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Two words: Slayer perk.

Also, some of us just like unarmed combat. Me, I love to attack unarmed, and only use a gun to shoot those that are running away from me.

As far as I remember, you do gain extra different types of attacks as you progress in the game, but whether that's stat based, skill based, or just level based, I can't remember. I'm leaning towards level based, but that's based on memories from a long time ago, so I could be wrong.

7. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, it's just too fun to do a critmelee character. The Slayer perk you can get at max level is all worth it, and even before that, it's fun. The "Six ways disable" (hit him in all limbs, groin and head or eyes, prefedably to groins or eyes first, hopefully scoring crits) is lots of fun. When they try to walk up to you with both arms and legs broken and blinded, you can just play with them.
    Also, even with other characters, sometimes you may encounter something your weapons can't kill in one round, no matter the damage (they have better armor, this is mainly a problem at the beginning). Then you just punch them in eyes or kick them in groins, and they may well go down. Gives you some free shots.

And to Henkie: The different punces and kicks are, indeed, skill-based.

8. Clixby Gems: 13/31

I'm trying to play through the game with an unarmed fighter, and I'm avoiding even getting any of the unarmed weapons (spiked knuckles, power fist etc.), and I need to know the attributes of the different unarmed attacks.

According to the guides I've seen, which seem accurate in some respects, is that unarmed attacks depend on stats, skill AND level.

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I played a "Fist of the North Star" character once. Man it was fun.

And yes it's stat + skill + level. Anyway since you are going to get as many % in Unarmed Combat and you're probably play with at least ST 8 for damage and the Slayer Perk and AG 10 for Action Points I think you shouldn't have to worry about missing any special attack.

Experiment with them you'll notice different effects (although when you don't get a critical the more expensive attacks are disappointing). At the start spiked knuckles are more effective but you'll soon notice that your natural empty handed attacks have become much more efficient.

Don't forget about the Hit-to-Hit Evade perk... You can get a very high AC and many foes won't even try to hit you.

And I agree with Henkie and Goli, unarmed combat is really cool. You can slaughter an entire Enclave Patrol without any weapon and that's nice.

In the first Fallout there was a bug with the Fast Shot perk that made it work with knucles, spiked knuckles and power fists. Later on you could attack for 1 AP... A bit like Kane (Decker's thug in the Maltese Falcon).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.