1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Possible botched save game? (Fallout 2 Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Mienk, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Mienk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Do I need to start a new game with a new character or am I just doing something wrong here?

I'm going to try to be a little ambiguous here, for the rare person who may not be this far because they're new to the series like me.

Okay, so I'm at the final area and I'm getting ready to leave. I jog over to the computer in the southern corner to throw in the card and get the computer to work, so it can assist me with a certain large task that stands in the way of my exit. All I get is that huge rotating list of comments that most of the computer terminals in this place give me, most of which reference windows 98 and various screen savers.

So, I try to science the stupid thing, thinking maybe just clicking on it will work; nope. Using the keycard; "that does nothing."

Next I load up one of my saves from earlier, when I just entered the place to see if maybe it'll work. I get the same thing.

After that I loaded up the save from right before I left the mainland. I got to my destination and got a level. Used those points and some other points I had, threw them into science, and tried the things I did earlier.

I'm running 1.02 and my science is 113.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. sleazodog Gems: 1/31

Media:
    which access key do you have? there's quite a few in the game but only one will work in this case. i won't give spoilers, but per jorner did THE BEST fallout walkthroughs over at NMA (no mutants allowed). head on over there.

3. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

The final base there has a certain order to do things. If memory serves, you can't use the terminal by the door on your way out because of something else going on that requires your immediate attention. So I think you missed a step somewhere along the way to defeat the base. Perhaps retrace your steps; or, as stated above, you might want to check out a walkthru to finish things up.

4. Mienk Gems: 1/31

Well, I've read over a number of walkthroughs. Most of them talk about using the computer right at the start to check member files and such, which I didn't originally do on my first game. However, it doesn't work on the way in or the way out like it's supposed to. There's supposedly only one key that I found, and only one mentioned in the guides, for this place.

I've repeatedly tried going back and mimicking the walkthroughs to see if I'm doing something wrong but the terminal still won't work. I think I'm going to try a new character and get to this point as fast as possible. Maybe it was a semi bad install or bad patch install.

5. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

If you're looking for the fastest route, check http://speeddemosarchive.com/Fallout2.html My brother did it in about 20 minutes and never watched this video. If you put speak up, then psycho out in San Fran; the hubologists will do all the tanker quests for you and you can go straight to the final base.

6. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Have you tried beating old Franky without the help of the turrets yet? You can enlist the help of the Enclave guys if you need some meatshields... Otherwise, I trust you have the Presidential Pass key?

7. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

I'm wondering if he's even planted the explosives at the power plant yet to make ol' Franky appear on the way out.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  8. Mienk Gems: 1/31

Yup, Franky is there and I do have the key

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I disabled the turrets on my way in -- Frank Horrigan was a piece of cake on the way out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.