1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funny Diablo 2 names

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Cúchulainn, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I was replaying the first Act again with a Necromancer, and at the 'Highlands part' I fought a lady named 'Fist Bang the Dead'

What is the strangest/funniest name you came accross?

2. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The Spanish version is even funnier, the translation was made literaly so some names are too stupid.
    I am playing again and downloaded an English patch so I have all back in English and saw that the names are very strange/funny. Like one of those Bishibosh alike called Puke Harverster. Imagine that in Spanish.

How about these: Gore Fester the Hunter; Ice Call the Hungry; Bane Dancer the Mauler...

[ November 15, 2005, 09:43: Message edited by: Sydax ]

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I once stumbled on a spider in the catacombs of Act I named "Black Widow".

Cleaver.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Some unique monsters are name-coded, they will always appear and have same names, like that annoying Fetish-shaman in Kurast:Witch Doctor the Endigu or something like that.

Others are spawned randomly and given very different powers each time. Especially in hell difficulty they may have abilites which takes two lines. And they are harder than act bosses! Like:
    'Immune to Cold, Immune to Fire, Immune to Lightning, Extra Fist, Extra Strong, Mana Burn, Cold Enchanted, Aura Enchanted (Convivtion AAAARGHH!) etc.' How a sorceress is able to beat that guy????

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's all the rare mobs (unique), the mini-bosses. Diablo 2 has a set number of different 'first'- and 'surnames'; it randomly generate the names based on those lists...

I've come across loads of funny name combinations; I cannot remember any particulary, though :( .

6. jA Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

FROZENSTEIN
    In act five when you rescue what was her name from ice prison.

7. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You have to rescue Anya from Nithalak's, the foul necromancer, icy prsion, underneath the frozen river :p . Frozenstein is the unque yeti thingie at the end, right?

8. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hmmm...Snot Bang the (something) :D

9. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Frozenstein looks like an abominable and is 'holding' Anya in that icy prision; Nhilatak, his boss, is in the portal Anya opens after you rescue her.

Here you have a list of the unique monsters.

10. Drizzt Do'Urden876 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Eldritch the Rectifier always found some way to make me smile if not make me smile, i loved diablo 1 & 2 though.

11. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I got "Bang Bang", can't remember what it was though.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Heh, I recently stumbled across a "Snot Bang The Rectifier". :nuts:

13. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Just got Bang Bang last night again, haha. It was a ghost-type creature.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Got a "Snot Bang The Dead", this time. Hehe...

15. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

In the jungle you fight mobs of those things called Fetish.

That just sounds dirty :)

16. Balle Gems: 19/31

yea snot is a good name

oh and people if you play online at europe, feel free to add me to our friends list or just contact me... *Theballe

17. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

not necessarily funny but i came across a necromancer name necropheliac yesterday....always knew they were weird

18. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Things ranging from a Ghostly Ghost to Frozenstein - classics!

But the French version of Diablo II's the most butchered... here's a link for all you French-speakers; hilarity ensues.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Oh yeah, I remember the "Bâton du Criquet Migrateur" (that would be something like Staff of the Migrating Cricket), I can't remember what item in the english version it is, but I laughed SO hard.

"Flayed Flayer?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Los

I too have encountered a necromancer by the name of necropheliac... lol?

Not sure if it's funny but I had a paladin named "Pally Dan" once. Meh.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.