1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Patch Pack by SKARDAVNELNATE

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by vitamin, Aug 17, 2012.

1. vitamin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I noticed that most of you here on SP forum are against using Qwinn's fix packs and you rather play this game patched only with Platter's fixes.

Also I read somewhere here that Platter's patch won't work with Restoration Pack by Cilantro, which is a shame actually. And as I was googling for some more mods for PS:T, I found one mod on bootstrike.com that seems to be very interesting. And this is why:
    Just would like to know if you guys have ever used this mod and what are your opinions on it?

2. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Qwinn's Tweaks and UB Patches are the only ones i ever used.

The Bigg's widescreen/high rez mod, Ghostdog's UI mod to fix up the UI for the higher resolutions (and to make the font more readable), The Ultimate WeiDU Fixpack for bug fixes and spelling/grammar corrections in the text, Qwinn's Unfinished Business patch for restoration of some additional content that was cut from the game as released, and finally Qwinn's PS:T Tweak Pack, for some convenience tweaks (stackable rings/scrolls/etc.), banter acceleration, and other things.
    And this particular mod:Tchos' Portrait mod. Click me for better Artist Drawn Portraits

3. vitamin Gems: 2/31

Yes, I'm aware of this modern approach for patching PS:T. In fact, I used all these mods you mentioned in my first playthrough. But as I was browsing through this forum I realized that I would like to play this game without all these fixes (some even say they're not fixes per se), and keep it closer to original release. Yet, Platter's patch seems to deal only with bugs left after official patch, while Restoration Pack adds ('restores' being more convenient word I guess) some new stuff to the game, which is always a good thing as it doesn't break the balance. Now, I'd like to play for second time, and this Patch Pack by SKARDAVNELNATE seems to be very tempting to use it. But as I haven't found any posts referring to this particular patch here on SP forum, I'd like to learn about it some more, before I start new game patched with it.

4. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I see your point.

Reading tru the bug-fix list of Platter's Patch here:
    List
    I can see that there are changes that are already in the most common of fix packs.

On top of that, the patch is older than most and hasn't been updated in ages it seems.
    Plus the Engine fixes are not included in this one!

Anyway, if you decide to take this patch for a spin please share you experiences. Even after googl-ing this patch, i didn't find anything particular about it.

5. vitamin Gems: 2/31

I think I'll give it a try and of course will post my comments here (let's just hope it won't be bug reports).

6. Droom Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i can honestly say that these fixes make the scenarios-story lines as the were intended. They are not mods. Darion is very credible when he tells you what hundreds of us have already agreed upon. We love this story and that's why we listen to you and try to help you to understand. ( hint-don't be afraid to fail)

BTW Check out Alpha Centauri on the Civ forums

7. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

Damn.

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Holy crap, it's a ghost that hasn't appeared in three years!!

:eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.