1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mods list for BG1?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Oliver Oktroble, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Oliver Oktroble Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Dear all,

1) I'm looking for the most extensive list of mods for BG1, preferably sequels-compatible (as opposed to -incompatible).

I'm preferably looking for mods enhancing
    *the epic/'flavor'-side of the game (e. g. I'm in for all banter/romance adding mods), and/or
    *the lay-out/gameability/playability, i. e. that maintain the 'purity' of the game,
    as opposed to the ones adding content (which, IMHO, alter the original supposed design experience of the game, and that to a breaking point).

Would the (Easy) TuTu mod be a good option ? What about the BG trilogy mod ?

2) Being a newbie to this forum, a few side questions :) :
    *What is a vanilla version of the game ? One without mods ?
    *What is 'metagaming' ?
    *What does the 'IIRC' acronym stand for ?

Thanx in advance for your help and sorry if I should have posted my msg in an existing thread, instead of creating a new one! :confused: Feel free to relocate.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Vanilla generally means patched but not modded, i.e., what the developers intended. Some people would suggest that a mod that does not, in any way, alter game content should be OK (think wide-screen mod).

Metagaming is basically using your personal knowledge of what's happening in the game to impact the way that you play the game. The easiest example is to reach an encounter, get your ass handed to you, and reload and take precautionary measures beforehand that your characters (if the were "real") would have no basis to take.

IIRC, if I recall correctly.

With regard to BG, my suggestion would be to go with easy TUTU and use the BG1 mods made available for that game. If you look, though, you will see that an "enhanced edition" has recently been released for sale. I have not tried it and will not comment on it. Go to its forum and see what people who are actually playing it are saying.

Oliver Oktroble likes this.
  3. aaa27aaa Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

You can get a list of BG mods on SP pages and also at the Pocket Plane Group website.

I am also about to download a few mods for BG1 only, but my question is what order do you install them in?

I have used Tutu before, but you do need to install mods in a specific order in order to avoid crashes.

4. Oliver Oktroble Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I haven't used Tutu (or Easy Tutu), but I'm thinking about testing it.
    The thing is I prefer mods that alter the content of the game the least (I don't care about the lay-out). Otherwise, it often comes to a cheesy game-breaking point.

When you'll upload your new list of mods, I guess it would be nice if you also provide a suggestion about the order in which they have to be downloaded and installed. ;)

5. Anthropoid Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I find the organization of this site (combined with the ads) to be rather bewildering. Could someone point me to a page/section that discusses Baldur's Gate 1 mods?

I'd like to enrich the old game a bit and get as much play out of it as I can. I just recently got the game and only played it a bit.

What is "easy TUTU?"

If there are mods that make the game a bit more like Temple of Elemental Evil that would be fantastic.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Look on the left side of the main SP page. See the box with the Sections header? Click on the Games link.

Then look on the right side of the page in the box with the Subsections header. Click on the Baldur's Gate link. Now the Subsections box contains links to all the Baldur's Gate stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.