1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by jesper898, Apr 14, 2002.

1. jesper898 Guest

Who here plays fallout 1&2?for those who do how do you like 'em?:)
    also should i buy fallout tactics?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Fallout 1 - Awsome but too short.:grin:
    Fallout 2 - You haven't played it? You're not RPG player.:toofar:;)
    Fallout Tactics - Skip by any means!:toofar:

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, FO1 is awesome. The plot/story is halfway decent, and the atmosphere is right on the money.

FO2? It's like the Highlander 2 to Highlander 1.

FOT? Haven't played that one.

4. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] *concurs with above*

Fallout1- Incredible and unforgettable

Fallout2- Just as addictive as Jet

Fallout Tactics- Pure Brahmin Sh!t

5. jesper898 Guest

i love fallout1&2(i even got them for free:p)i think theyre better than even baldurs gate(!)but i think ill give fallout tactics a try if i can find it at a low price somewhere.Thanks for the replies guys:)

6. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Haven't played either.

7. total Guest

Fallout 1 is great, good story and it is the best of the three of them!

Fallout 2 is what keeps you alive after F1, looong game, good, but the biggest disadvantage (od advantage) is its length, cause you can get lost in all those subquests and forget about main story (i did)

Fallout Tactics: well my opinion, it is good, but dont expect Fallout as RPG, more like RTS, but if you ask me it is GOOD RTS!

8. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I totally agree with total. :grin:

Fallout Tactics IS NOT an RPG. I've finished it and nope, very minimal roleplaying (as in dialogues).

Its a tactical combat game similar to jagged alliance 2 and the old X-COM games.

Its a great game, but its not RPG. So if you're looking for the great RPG storyline of Fallout 1 & 2, you won't find it. If you like the combat, its great. It has a turn based and real time option.

Have fun! :)

9. jesper898 Guest

i just played the fallout tactics demo and i really enjoyed it:p its better than jagged alliance methinks:p
    btw can you play multiplayer in fallout tactics?

10. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I've played both Fallout 1&2 and they are both great games. I like F2 a little better since it's so open ended and you can have different reps in every place you go. I haven't played Fallout Tactics but I did like all the X-COM game so I think it would be fun. More like a IWD then a BG2. It's a different kind of game. I like the RPG elements more than the combat in Fallout thus I think I would like FT less than the other games. But that's more of a preference than a quality issue.

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Fallout 1 and 2 are great. They provide an excellent system for roleplaying. The combat system is limited, but adequate.

12. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Ive only played Fallout 2, but I really liked the combat system; it was actually realistic (ie A low level character has trouble taking on anything much more taxing than a few scorpions, and even a high level character can be slain instantly by a petty thug with a pea-shooter if you let them shoot him/her right between the eyes), not like (for example) in Baldur's Gate 2 where you could be blase about fighting a horde of orcs when you reached a decent level as they couldnt even dream of touching your characters; you cant afford to underestimate any but the weakest foes in Fallout 2.

Of course, this makes it seem tough if you've been weaned on BG and the like, but (IMHO) ultimately makes it a more rewarding experience.

13. total Guest

You can play F Tactics in multiplayer, one team is invading and other one is defending. "Battlemaster" choses number of "points" per team wich can be distributed in the proces of character making. You can play all races, even those robots (they were in single player but didnt like those) but robots have also disadvantages so above all i prefer humans.
    But overall it seems fun, but never got hooked on multiplayer in that game.

14. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Extremist, you are correct once again. I hyped myself up so much for FOT, and it ranks in my top 5 greatest computer-related dissapointments of all time. It tarnishes the great Fallout name. BTW, has anyone heard anything about a possible Fallout 3? I think it might be time to get hyped up agian!

15. total Guest

I saw some pictures from it, while i was playing FOT, on some demo disc or something (FOT Bonus disc i think), i saw some nice things, but had a bad feeling about story, i am afraid that they will try to make stories connected but will not move far enough so the story wont be fresh. Eh i had some problems with explaining what i want in english, but i hope you will figure what i wanted to say.
    Ok, i will admit, im thinking about some new deathclaw problem, because i saw pictures of armoured deathclaws so it is probably nothing. But no matter what, i alleready have some money in the sock just for F3 :)

16. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I digged out good old fallout 2 after finishing bg 2, and I made a huge effort to get along with it. I was very much addicted too, but the game is just way too buggy.

First of all, just crashes, problems installing with windows xp and so on, but once I got through that, having the citizens of gecko going hostile on me again and again and again. Without me doign anything, I replayed that part of the game 3 times, same thing each time, someone decides to kill me, and makes everyone else go hostile.

The last time I had just done a, ahem, big favour for them, and one of the guards on the ONLY way out decides to kill me... I wasn't high level enough to just shoot my way out, and by that time I was just too tired of having to cheat in order to get through the game.

17. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"but the game is just way too buggy"

Hmmm. I didn't really notice any bugs when I hacked/slashed through it. I don't really care for the game as it departs from the 'Fallout' atmosphere quite a bit, but I don't remember any nortorious bugs.

18. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Departs from the Fallout Atmosphere? I think F2 is very true to the atmosphere created in the first game. What do you think is different?

On the buggy front I did have some problems but the patch does handle most of them.

19. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I just bought Fallout and Fallout II and they are eating my life. I have an annoying problem in Fallout II, however.
    *SPOILER
    I'm trying to use the maintenance robot to install the component. I've written the program, and it gets to the right place to install the component, but then turns back and reports an error. I think I have to give the robot the component first, but I don't know how to.

20. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I think this will fix your issue.

*SPOILERS
    You may have the commands in the wrong order. The order that the commands are entered once you get into the programming mode is, Amplify Plutonium Gamma Shield; Deharmonize Neptunium Impeller; Calibrate Uranium Rod Driver; Set Voltage For Saturn Class Capacitor; Test Jupiter Wave Compiler. You can figure this out by looking at the parts of the reactor and seeing what order they are laid out in around the reactor. Execute the program and once the robot returns you can then enter the final command to install the new part, don't turn off the coolant valve! You can also put the part in yourself by going into the reactor and taking damage, but you get more XP using the robot.

I hope this solves your problem.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.