1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cheat Codes for Harvest Cup & Cloak

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by SlickRCBD, May 30, 2013.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm sick of that stupid tutorial fair, which usually takes me half an hour to do, and kinda wish I could skip right to the Weeping Willow Inn.

However, I'm playing a class that could benefit from the +1 CHA from the Harvest Cloak, and those free Cure LIght Wounds from the Harvest Cup doesn't hurt in the beginning.

What's the item code to use the console and giveitem to simply click on "skip tutorial" and then give myself the cup & cloak?

P.S. Has anybody done a mod that gives me those items at the start of chapter 1 if I skip the tutorial?

2. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

This topic been an eyesore to me for years.

For the sake of being completeness...
    debugmode 1
    giveitem harvestcup
    giveitem 0_harvestcloak

SlickRCBD likes this.
  3. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Thank you, after two years I finally get an answer!
    Thank you!

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nice necro. It seems to going around lately.

5. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31

Veteran

It irks me for years~

Also, it seem the OC disable that code: no cup, no cloak, and no bane reptile cudgel (AP uninvited guest). At least I havent give myself more copies of three stuffs.

My suggestion is you play it once properly to get the stuffs, then export it. Next time you play, just import that char.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Indeed, the "give item" doesn't seem to work.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Just bump the character's charisma by +1 through the console and give him or her 10 cure light wound scrolls or potions and call it a day.

8. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31

Veteran

Play to the end of tutorial, up to beginning of chapter 1.

Put all the item in your inventory, not wearing or wielding (they might get auto-removed).

Export that char.

Now you can play any new game with that imported char.

Of course, it's limited to that char initial build, but there you have it.

9. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Problem is I never play the same build twice. The point was to be able to skip the tutorial and still collect the rewards without wasting 1/2 hour or more time. Granted, the +1 cha cloak isn't always useful for say a barabarian, but for a warlock, sorcerer, cleric, bard, or to a lessor extent paladin it is quite handy for the entire chapter due to a dearth of cloaks.
    Even the other classes can benefit due to the PC being the sole talker.

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Man, the idiom "due to" is so overused these days, to the point where it seems to have replaced almost all other alternatives, and it really rubs me the wrong way because it's more often than not a completely incorrect use of the adjective "due" even though it's entirely correct and accepted as an idiom.

Sorry, off topic, but I've literally seen it used like a hundred times today. :shake:

11. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31

Veteran

In that case, you probabbly need to use character editor, TlkEdit. Make a new char, [continue tuto] edit the items in, then [skip the tutorial] after getting the fur.

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    If you're gonna mess around, you could probably just edit the dialogue that gives you the skip option or deposit the items in a container on the first map. Might as well go all the way. :p

13. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I thought the OC was protected from editing. I looked a year ago, but couldn't figure out how to do the above.
    Then again, I haven't played with the editor much.
    I'd be just as happy to deposit the item in the chest or some other place in Durgan's house.
    Heck, put copies of them in Bevil and Amie's inventories, since they too won the Harvest Cup, they should have copies of them as well. Given what happens to Amie in the next ten minutes, I could just lift them from her.

However, any of the solutions, including editing the dialog that gives you the skip option or putting them in a container in Durgan's house are acceptable. I'm just not sure how to do it.

14. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31

Veteran

This require some walkarounds

You got an initial char with items in his/her inventory? Say stockA

You got an initial char that you plan to use in OC or MOTB? say Aerie

Use SOZ or some modules (icewind dale) that allow creating multiple character. Import Aerie as party leader, then import stockA as henchmen. give all stockA/s items to Aerie. Reexport Aerie. Now you got a second Aerie character in your folder.

Open OC, import that second Aerie. Voila~ Aerie should have all that you need.

15. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Protected how? I've made plenty of mods for items, tables, dialogues, and scripts from OC when I was playing the game, and I'm fairly certain I had no trouble whatsoever loading up map files and messing around with them (but it's been a while).

16. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well, I've never modded anything other than 2DA tables in NWN2. I'm not sure how to begin other than start reading the instructions for the editor which I haven't looked at in 5 years.
    If there's a quick and easy solution, could you post the steps to impliment one of the solutions I mentioned? A chest, giving it when you click "skip", sticking it in Bevil and/or Amy's inventory...

17. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'd say the easiest would be to find the dialogue file which allows you to skip the tutorial, get to the right node, and put the CreateItem (or whatever it's called) commands into the node's actions. But does it really matter? Are you gonna play it again?

18. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31

Veteran

Giveitem doesnt work with them because the OC disable them, I think. I tried recently, didnt work. That's why we need some roundabout ways to do it.

cup, and cloak are inaccessible if you skip the tutorial.

19. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You might not be able to get them via console, but a script (or the equivalent dlg action) should be able to produce them without a problem.

20. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    How do you open the OC modules to even attempt to figure out how to mod them? When I try I get this error message. Even copying the tutorial to C:bad:Users\Slick\Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\modules still gives the same error:
    [​IMG]

Could this be an issue with the dual-boot install? I'm going to try rebooting to Vista and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.