1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Forum News (Jan. 23, 05)

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Jan 24, 2005.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's Dragon Age forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Derek French, Technical Producer

The developers and the community
    One of the biggest things that needs to be resolved first, is getting a publisher for the title. Since the game is many years off, there is little that is set in stone. While there is much that we will discuss, there is also a whole lot more that is going to come to light once we have a publisher.

What are the chances of an OS X release?
    No decisions or announcements along these lines can be made until we have a publisher for Dragon Age.

Stanley Woo, Quality Assurance

the door is open
    That's pretty cool. It's like a "Blair Witch Project" for the internet set. Wish they'd done more with building up the suspense of the house itself rather than trying to find the house, though.

Where are most of Bio's employees?

Easy. Project "Do nothing and laugh at the BioWare posters". Headed up by Chris Priestly, it encompasses around 75% of the current resources of BioWare and are currently hiring for the project in huge numbers.
    I'm the Lead on this project. Production is ongoing. Dregur is ugly.

I've filed a whole bunch of art bugs regarding Dregur's lack of polish and general low poly count. Next up, I'm going to file bugs on his writing; I mean, how can that possibly sound natural? No one talks like that!

The developers and the community

A very important aspect of developers is how they deal with the community. I think BioWare does a pretty good job, but I still have a recommendation - be more including! Make it more rewarding to be part of the BioWare community.
    Like providing a space where Neverwinter Nights players can house their own guild? Like chatting with the developers about not only games, but what we had for breakfast or what games we're playing or what some of our guys' side projects are? Like give away prizes for our 2 millionth registered forum account? Like providing additional community tech support? Yeah, I think we might consider something like that...

Quote: Be humble and never answer the community as overloards (even though you know you are).
    See, how can we remain humble among praise like that? I mean, honestly! We're only human, dang it! If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you shave us, are we not bald? If you kick us in the shins, do we not hop around in pain like a bunny?

Quote: Don't just answer our questions; you should also make topics and ask us stuff. I bet you have tons of inward discussion at BioWare; let us take part in them! Let us know when you're fed up and want to retire. Let us know when you achive something wonderful. If you give BioWare personality you'll convert the community to friends.
    I don't know what threads you've been reading, Supino, but it doesn't look like you've taken a look at our Off-Topic forums or read the threads where BioWarians post. I think that if you ask around, you'll find that we already have a lot of what you're asking and suggesting. We love talking with the community we've set up here in the Dragon Age forums, and in the other game forums as well. Chris Priestly and Curtis Knecht and James Henley are highly active in the Dragon Age forums, I'm still active in the Star Wars forums, and Rob Bartel and Georg Zoeller are posting fiends in the Premium NWN Module forums. Not to mention the fun we have in the much more casual Off-Topic forum!

Quote: Try to make the community feel like a PART of the development rather that curious sideline observers.

I bet if you requested voluntary work you'd get tons of reply. Because we love what you do and want you to succeed in every way.
    And as much as we'd love to do something like this, unfortunately business doesn't work that way. Certainly, we've hired talented and highly visible community members to work for us (Georg Zoeller, for example), and contracted NWN module developers (like Altaris) to create Premium modules for us. But actually getting community members to come into the office is not something we're going to do at this point. Thanks for the offer, though.

What you all can do is to keep talking about our games and our community to your friends, family, co-workers, and anyone else who might be interested in the kind of games we develop! Keep having discussions about what you like and dislike in games! Keep providing help to new community members, and asking questions of veteran community members. Keep pointing out problems to our tech support guys! In other words, keep up the good work, everyone!

We appreciate your contributions to the community just as much as you appreciate ours! Yay us! Yay you!

Quote: P.S. Yeah! I know we can be a pain in the a some times
    It's ok. We forgive you.

Thanks for the great message.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
  2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, that news flash leaves me of mixed mind. That its years down the road sort of leaves me a tad disappointed, sort of like chasing a mirage in the desert with my tongue hanging out.

On the other hand, they sound serious about taking the time to do it right, unlike others that I've seen.

/me casts a dark look in Atari's direction.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.