1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Immune to energy drain?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Apr 11, 2014.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sorry I took so long, I got a call from my mother that one of her friends needed their computer fixed tonight and was willing to pay me to moonlight. A paying tech support job takes precedence. Especially when its people you know or through that type of situation.

1. Start a new game in either SoA or ToB. The tutorial works fine too.
    2. Create a new Undead Hunter. It doesn't matter what else you do with the character as long as you choose the Undead Hunter Paladin kit.
      Just remember the name when you export it.
    3. Now, as soon as you get control, goto the character screen and export the character.
    4. You can quit the game now.
    5. Open Shadowkeeper.
    6. Open the character file for the undead hunter you just exported.
    7. Click on the "affects" tab. It is the second from the last, so you'll have to scroll.
    8. Find and click on the one that says "Immunity to effect" with "Param 2" listed as 216. That grants you immunity to level drain. The other three grant immunity to various types of hold spells.
    9. With the Immunity to Effect #216 line highlighted, click on "copy"
    10. Now either open another character or a saved game with the characters you want to cheat in this ability.
    11. Go to the "affects" tab for that character and click on "paste".
    12. They should now be immune to level drain like an undead hunter.
    If you intend to do this all the time to every character ever, you might want to consider moding the game.
    You can do this by editing the various CLAB****.2da files and adding AP_SPCL242
    to column 1 for every one of those files except the one for undead hunters.
    This might help:
    http://gemrb.org/iesdp/files/2da/2da_tob/clabxx00.htm
    I'm being called away from the keyboard again, so I can't give more detailed instructions at this time.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Thank you very much SlickRCBD. It seems to be working great so far :)
    Much appreciated.

3. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Nice job giving those instructions I had a similar idea but you explained it much better than I would have. That is the sort of thing I am trying to do with my monk with the immunity with haste though finding that one has been a chore to say the least.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    At the risk of sounding snarky, by making everyone in your party immune to level drain, aren't you basically removing the main thing that makes vampires dangerous? That would be like saying the thing you don't like about enemy mages is their spell casting ability, so let's make everyone immune to magic. I don't really recall level drain being such a huge problem for my games that lesser restoration wasn't able to fix it.

5. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is a HUGE pain in the arse when a spellcasting character gets level-drained. For me, there is an incentive to avoid it whenever possible.

Having said that, it's still far from necessary to hack your characters to assure that imho.

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    When I solo with a character that can't wear the amulet of power and that can't use or otherwise do much with the mace of disruption, my general strategy usually involves lots of running away.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

After playing htis game a zillion times through, NPP has never failed me. Yes, a short duration, but it is your warriors that are hacking and slashing at the Vamps. you cleric can replenish NPP at will from the second ranks. Combine with the mage casting Hold Undead, except for the Illusionist of course as it is a banned school for him, you will have the fight over in no time. Undead Hunters and Clerics of Lathander make it even easier.

Why cheat in abilities in this game? Between class-abilities, items and spells you have more than enough options to easily beat the blood-suckers. I find battles against Vampires, Beholders, Dragons, etc.. to be the most refreshing part of the game....:)

MrMermaid likes this.
  8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Personally, I myself increased the duration of Negative Plane Protection to rival Protection From Evil 10' Radius.
    I always thought the duration was way too short.

I also cheated chaotic commands to protect the full party like NPP using the Prot From Evil 10' area of effect.

---------- Added 0 hours, 24 minutes and 11 seconds later... ----------

Thanks, I was afraid I might have dumbed it down to the point of sounding condescending, but I'd just spent the better part of Sunday helping some computer illiterate people with their computer and I HAD to really dumb down explanations and step by step procedures to somebody who had trouble remembering how to switch windows using the Taskbar.

After spending four hours in that mindset, sometimes it's hard to get out when helping the next person.

9. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That's the main thing that stinks about vamps.
    Then there is still the charming they can do that makes them quite a pain in the butt.

10. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    For some characters I could never get immunity against level drain (solo monk, for instance), but I have the David Gaider's Bhaal powers installed (either from Baldurdash or from Unfinished Business), which gives NPP as a permanent immunity for one of the pocket plane tests. That's for my characters the latest moment in time to get the immunity.

11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I was REALLY rushed when I made this part of the post, as somebody was waiting for me to get off the computer and come to them.
    Doing as I said here will result in the character being immune to both hold and level drain.
    What you need to do instead is make a new spell with IEEP or DLTCEP that gives the character "protection from op code" #216, save the spell to your override folder using a filename no more than 8 characters, and then put a line in the CLAB????.2da files referencing to that file with an AB_ in front of it without the .spl extension.
    The quoted example refers to SPCL242.SPL, but is referenced in the CLAB????.2DA files as AP_SPCL242.

12. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Thanks all. This will def help. Much appreciated.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.