1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout 2

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Elios, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I just started playing this game tonight. It seems pretty cool. I got to the point were I picked up some explosives and got to the a door that was locked or something. Picked the first lock. I am under the assumption I have to blow this second door? I placed the explosives, but I got impatient and wanted to set the timer for less time. So I figured I could just pick the explosives up and reset them. Little did I know that the timer would keep ticking.......BOOM! My chracter went to pieces. Anyone beat me and die sooner on their first attempt?
    Also, are there any good trainers or editors? I'm going to play through it a couple times first without using any, but down the road might want one or two.

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Ahh.

Threw me off at first, as I thought you were talking about further on.

You're in the temple. It happens.

There's "trainers", but you're better off with a savegame editor to be honest.

There's also some "inventory hacks". It loads up a certain location with *everything* you can get in the game. Armour, weapons, items, quest items, parts, condoms, bullets.

The werks.

There's walkthrough's available too. You might want to check the walkthrough after you've been playing for a while, as the car you can get in the game might throw you for a loop. You have to "piece it together", and finding the pieces can be a little tricky.

I don't want to spoil your game, so I'll leave it at that.

3. Elios Gems: 17/31

Thanks, got a little further the second time around. I made it to the city. I started pickpocketing everyone for the hell of it. Got interesting, but since I lost my chance to talk to people, I restarted.
    The only thing I don't like, and prob the reason I stop playing a lot of these CRPG games, is the way combat is handled. I prefer the way the Baldur Gate and Dale games handle it. The turn based combat seems to get annoying at times.
    There isn't a way to switch in Fallout 2, is there?

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Nope.

FO is turn based, only. If you grew up with them, they aren't all that bad.

But yeah; it can get tedious. So if it's getting tedious for you, just cheat.

Load yourself up with un-touchable weaponry so everytime you go into combat, it lasts about 1 or 2 rounds. Tap-TaP-TAP! with the auto-shotgun or bozar. Crank up your outdoorsman skill, and perception, and you won't have very many random encounters.

If the programmers aren't making you happy, cheat. An end-around can work wonders.

5. Elios Gems: 17/31

Well I have to confess, I did try using an editor and tried giving myself different weapons. However, in the game, when I equiped the weapon, my character went invisible. I could do anything, move anywhere, etc. Got any suggestions on where I can get a decent trainer/ editor where I can edit stats and give myself items?

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

I've seen something like what you're talking about.

It changes one weapon into another weapon.

I've used it a couple of times, but it seems like something has always gone wrong one way or another.

There's a "hack" for the items. You have to go to a specific town (that first one, whatever it is that has "trader town" in it). Save you game, and replace one file. Get everything you want, then put your original file back in place.

Dunno where I got it. I think there's one site for all the hacks, anymore.

7. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

This is technically for Fallout 1, and I can't remember if BI fixed the bug for the sequel, but my brother once tried to turn off his Stealth Boy, and the item turned into a geiger counter. Even after he threw the counter away, his character was invisible! Well, he looked that way, anyway, I think the people saw him normally.

And as for dying earlier, I died from scorpion poison on my first try. Ouch. There just isn't enough health in that damn temple. I got through it, and felt like I'd beaten the game. Of course, I managed to talk the guy out of fighting with me.

You know what I hate? "Oh, no, don't worry, Chosen One. You are important to our village's very survival. Of course I'd stop before you died." He then proceeded to punch me in the stomach, knock me down, and kick me in the head till I died. Jerk.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.