1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout + Fallout 2

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Shoshino, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    another great and classic black isle title, fallout 1 and fallout 2 take place after a third world war and in the wastelands left by the radioactive fallout.

who's played it? what do you think of it?

[ March 01, 2003, 21:14: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Its great. I am playing F2 now. There is also a Fallout Tactics but it isn't that fun.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Both quite good, but there are better games to spend your money on, nowdays. Still, if you haven´t played either of them, *loan* the package from someone.

What it really needs is an ability to control your party members just like in BG. That would be cool. And more music... And sounds, and graphics, and... WHEN the Fallout III comes out?! :aww:

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Fallout1 has the better story.

FO2 has the better gameplay.

But, it is very possible to get used to FO1's gameplay. You simply use your teammates skills like crazy at the very beginning, as they are completely worthless toward the end. Well, not completely worthless; they are extra targets, so that the enemy shoots at them sometimes, instead of you.

I hope someone thinks about FO3 before they make it.

5. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've got both of these games, but I've only gotten around to playing Fallout. It's good, I guess, but I'm pretty much spoiled by the BG saga in gameplay. Oh well. I still play it though.

6. Shoshino

Media:
    well, i think they are certainly worth getting if your a BG fan, they are very good rp games..

and with regards to buying them, they are only £5 each these days, so it hardly breaks the bank

7. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I have both... I beat Fallout 1, I never completed the sequel. I kept running into an annoying bug in gecko.. the ghouls would attack me even though I had done nothing wrong! So the choice was either to try and make a run for it, and hope that the ones I had to talk to wouldn't be aggressive, or just go evil and kill them all.

I opted to uninstall the game.

8. Shoshino

Media:
    download the patch, it fixes that problem

9. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Nope, it didn't for me.. :(

10. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Fallout 2 is probably the best CRPG game I've ever played. If it had more freedom for the evil character, much more NPC character dialogue, and more involving romance opportunities, it would be perfect.

And agreed, Fallout 1 did have a better story to it. Besides getting to join the Brotherhood was awesome.

11. The_Darkness Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Fallout 2 is the best i spend almost 2 years to win the game in all the diferents endings...

secret:when you win the game and continue playing some years (game time) LOL :D a screen appear saying The End with a post nuclear picture verry good....

Sorry for my english... :D

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

IMO the fallout universe is one of the most original and intense I ever played (And yes I know it's actually from wasteland)

I am playing fallout 1 right now to get that feel again. After that I'll be playing 2 again until I have done everything (and that's a lot)

13. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Yeah, from time to time, I will load FO1 back up, and cut through it a little bit. Before I played FO2, getting all the "good" endings was important. And the only real way of doing that is to pick the lock on the Brotherhood's place.

But then, after reading through FO2's manual, and seeing how Necropolis (and everything else that goes with it on day 88) gets wiped, I started going to Necropolis again. In fact, that's my primary route now. I wipe out the Khan's, and head straight south to Necropolis and The Glow.

FO1 has got the story for the whole Post-Nuke ordeal.

14. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I still play the two Fallouts and Wasteland consistantly, definitely some of the best games of all time.

15. Istari of Thay Banned

Ahh, Fallout...

I simply loved Fallout 1 and 2 (nr. 2 especially),
    It had great roleplay, tons of creatures, litterally THOUSANDS of different weapons...
    All around two fantastic games... :love:

Fallout Tactics wasn't that great though...
    I went ballistic when I first heard of it,
    didn't quite match up to my expectations...

16. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Fallout 1 and 2 are the best CRPGs I have ever played, Fallout Tactics isnt as bad as I have heard but it is not extremely good either.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.