1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

PHB, DMG, FR maps; it's all too much!

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Reeky thestenchful goblin, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Reeky thestenchful goblin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

IM a young ad&d player and i dont have much money now i enjoyed the game but after ganing afew lvls with my human priest i suddenly realize that i need a players hand book if i want to get more spells past lvl 3.
    then theres DM guides my friend is a DM and he untill recenlt couldnt make any good scenarios because he needed a DM guide to have all the proper info please give me replys if you agree or dissagre with me!

may the great stench watch over you :<}

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I don't think it's too much to ask. WoTC has to make some money of something other than Pokemon you know ;) Anyway, I don't think the books are unfairly priced. They're well written and are quite nice, so I don't think popping 20$ is too much. Now the Forgotten Realms stuff is a little much for my tastes, but that's a different story. You can always get by with just one book, the PHB, as long as your DM has the DMG. That's only 20$. Just save a dollar here, a dollar there. You don't need anything else. And you could all always chip in and buy the Monster Manual I suppose. That's good for any DM or player to have. But you can get by with just the PHB for a player at least. Fair price for that info at least. And if you look around a little, I'm sure there's a link somewhere to some free *hint, hint* info from the PHB that you might be able to use if you just absoloutly don't have the money. But I'd suggest saving up and buying it as it's a good read.

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Yes, you should break down and buy the PHB. This is a must for any player. If a DM is experienced he doesn't really need a DMG except for a few quick references but the only way to become experienced is to play and read the book. so at the start you should buy a DMG if you are going to DM a game. If you are looking for adventure you can download some for free off the WotC site. They have classic 2nd edition modules converted to 3rd edition. All us old timers have played these modules already but if your group is new they will work as adventures. In addition they will provide some good idea on how to create/run a quality adventure. But as I said the best teacher is practice.

I'd be happy to answer any questions for may have on the game or rules.

4. Reeky thestenchful goblin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

thx for the feed back guys :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.