1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Orsraun Mountains - OOC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

So.. I figured we needed one of these.

I am confused.. Am I Renic? Has Justice come for me? Hence Malar attacking?

Confusion ensues.

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Nevermind, I completely understand. I apologize for my foolishness. But regardless, here commences the official OOC thread for them there Mountains. :)

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Hi - may I join the game, too? :)

If so - anything in particular I should know about it (setting, rules)? (If there was a thread discussing these, I've missed it, sorry.)
    I've read the game thread so far.

4. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

hey loreseeker. El and I just wanted to post again like the old days, so we decided we would. The biggest thing we've thought about, is no saving the world battle after battle scenes. Battle scenes are fun, but when there are too many, and monsters just pop out of no where that's where threads lose interest. What we're thinking is, go solo for a bit. Explore your character, don't make him static and classic. Do things that are risky.

Right after this "meeting" with El and Scot, I am going to restart my hunt. Scot thought about being the creature who I was hunting, if that tickles your fancy. PM me, just because i would like to know what i am hunting.

5. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Scot PM'd us, El and I are best friends, so we didn't need an OCC thread. But with new arrivals, this is the only other thread about it. you missed nothing.

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, Elwithral is Renic, and Justice has come for him. Welcome Loreseeker, maybe we can get an RP that will last a good long time. It seems so far that our characters are all very powerful beings that used to be more powerful. But anything would go.

7. Loreseeker

Media:
    Ok, thank you all. :) I'll go think up a char - hopefully joining tomorrow (I'm supposed to be in the lab now). No problems with keeping it solo for a while.

8. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Yeah, Malar was once a very powerful magic user, and soul collector. It became an addiction for both Malar and Vaa'iyl, but now both are trying to quit cold turkey. Malar has had a little bit more success in quitting, but this new encounter might trigger some flashbacks.

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Loreseeker! Loving everything you do! Just thought you should know.

10. Loreseeker

Media:
    Aww... Thank you. :) *blushes a bit*

I'm having great fun with this game. Glad to have joined.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
    Shouldn't post at 3am, dead tired, it seems. Didn't put a whole number of things I wanted to.
    Including a praise or two:

For me, the whole thread is a pretty great read.
    I love to "riff off" from Scot's posts. He's excellent at introducing Fun Stuff Happening, IMO. Easy to follow from there. So, nice job, Justice :)

And what I was going to post about:

When Noma mentions that Justice came in the wake of the falling star, she simply means the sequence of events in time / similarity in space, not some metagame implementation of knowing that he followed the falling star. She doesn't know that (yet, hopefully).

Also, I'm thinking that due to the never mended soul-wound she has, Noma is rather physically leaving a faint trail of loss/sorrow/spirit anguish behind her, like blood drops or bread crumbs. (Might be useful when we get to "chars crossing paths" stage at some point in the future) Unless someone objects to this trail idea, of course :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  11. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

hmmm i like that. Malar has become a tracker, as a kind of "getting back to normal job" thing. Maybe you'll need tracking later in the future. i am really glad how this thread is turning out. i miss the old days of Roleplay Corner's Golden Days.

12. Loreseeker

Media:
    Dalamar and Elwithral: How would you feel about meeting the Other Guy from Noma's tribe (which really needs a name...) ? I know you're running your own storyline and I don't want to interfere with it, since we are doing rather snazzy so far, but if you ever feel like it, I'd be happy to play him out for you, NPC fashion. (Of course, feel free to play him out yourself :) too.)

A few more notes:
    You guys probably know that Loyal Fury is Torm. The "place of infinite places" Noma mentions is the Abyss, so she did some Planewalking, even if she is Clueless about all that jazz.

Side note:
    I think that Noma has a solid grip on Astral (of all places) - probably arrived to the mountains through a colour pool on her way back from Abyss, where the paladin died. She is most certainly a Prime, though. It would be snazzy if it were a two way pool, since she knows where it is and could give us a nice jump point if we ever feel like taking a spin in the Astral. After all, it's the deadbook of the Powers. :) Just a stray thought.

Oh, and none of the things I type out here have a Now label. Just random ideas for some point out in the future. Hope I'm not boring you to death.

13. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nice ideas!

14. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

i enjoy both ideas....... the other man from your tribe what is he like? Malar is being watched, I was going to make it a small random encounter. (I wanted to have a fight scene, just for kicks) but i couldn't find the right story. like why would he be ambushed on the top of some mountain. i still want to finish my hunt, i have some ideas that i want to pull through. Malar is a neutral character, and i want to explore both sides. ;)

15. Loreseeker

Media:
    Well, I'm guessing the other guy (calling him Rahir in my head, but any name works) is Not a Nice Person, at all. Other then that, anything goes. Have fun. :)

(Vaguely: he could have stolen a part of the fallen star and collects rare potential spell ingredients - like wings of celestial creatures :p but seriously, I don't know much about him at this stage, so make him anything you need him to be.)

16. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

what is Noma's tribe called? I like your writing, but I don't feel like i really know enough about them to write about a character. I would probably need you to act as an NPC if i were to meet him. If that's alright with you? i just don't want to mess around with your really awesome idea.

17. Loreseeker

Media:
    It's alright with me. When you meet him, put it in IC and I'll act him out, sure. :)

As for the tribe name... uh, tough one. Not sure yet. They definitely need it so I'll think it up real soon, promise. (I take forever with names, in general.)

EDIT:

Her tribe name is Sonauli. :)

Also, my last post should probably have been two posts, but I liked the idea too much and couldn't wait. Sorry.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  18. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Just to be sure it was Dalamar who broke this guy's arm? Alora died about three or four hundred years before, I guess these Elves hold a grudge. Hahaha

19. Scot

Yes, either Dalamar or Alora, or maybe in the chase he fell out of a tree and broke his arm, as Dalamar and Alora were pulling their punches. And yes, they do hold a grudge.

@ Loreseeker, Justice has accepted Noma's offer of belief/bounding, even if he is not quite sure what it is or how it works. Let me/him know if anything else is required.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  20. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

understandable, the story before was in Yuirwood, quite a ways away from Orsraun Mountains. I was going by the map, but no worries, I have no doubt Dalamar wasn't causing trouble in other places of the world. Malar's young rash youth I suppose.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.