1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer can't level up to 10?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Henry, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Henry Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello all,

First time poster here after some help. Think I have exhausted the search functions for finding if this has been solved elsewhere so hope you don't mind me starting a thread.

I am playing the unmodded game and my sorcerer character has just reached enough experince to reach level 10. However, I encounter a problem when it comes to the spell selection part of leveling up I can go no further as the character already has all the level 0 spells availible and yet I cannot progress to the 'finish' screen with an empty level 0 slot!

I've installed patch 2 and Moebius's patch since but still encountering the problem. Any ideas appreciated!

2. spmdw45 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Huh. That shouldn't happen. Either you somehow got an extra level 0 spell that you shouldn't have, or your game is missing a level 0 spell. In the interests of narrowing things down, which level 0 spells does your guy have?

One possible fix involves going back to Hommlet's inn, dropping your guy from the party, and re-adding him to the party from his level 1 template, then consoling his XP back up to what it was before via game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_experience, Y) where X is his zero-based index in the party (first is 0, last is 4) and Y is his experience level.

-Max

3. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm afraid the two official patches and Moebius are not enough.
    And the patches are not retroactive for older saves.

I would suggest, that you get the Circle of Eight mod for Temple of Elemental Evil.
    Co8 Link
    It has more fixes than most unofficial ones.

You don't even need to install the new content, and simply play vanilla flavored ToEE with all the fixes available.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.