1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Buy Fallout?

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by GONMAR, Apr 11, 2001.

1. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I've heard a lot of comments on Fallout and Fallout 2. I've been looking for another RPG with a different feel and was wondering where I could get more information on the game.

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] You can read reviews at www.gamespot.com but why think, just buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy.....

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

And do get a patch for Fallout 2, bugs pissed me more than those in BG2.

BTW, Tal, is there a chance to make Fallout forum (at least for Brotherhood of Steel although it is not real RPG).

4. GONMAR Gems: 6/31

Because I'm broke, broke, broke...I have to buy very sparingly...don't want to buy a stinker..

5. GONMAR Gems: 6/31

Does Fallout have an official website?...also any other games you would recommend..I'm also looking for a good strategy/sim game...maybe Caesar?...

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Extremist: Not a chance. We had a forum dedicated to all other CRPGs here and it was dead all the time. So there's not much point to make one even more focused than the last one was. You can make a post about it in Whatnots if you wish though...

7. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

Actually, it's almost impossible to complete Fallout 2 without the patch. And if you get the european version, make sure to get the children patch. This can be downloaded from lots of fansites. (In the european version children were removed because people might shoot them. In the U.K. version, most of the death animations are removed as well.)

8. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    YES, buy Fallout NOW. It is a very good game IM(not so)HO, it is far better than BG 1 and IWD, and at least as good as PS:T and BG II. you can find a bundle with Fallout 1 and 2 on Amazon.com for about $13

9. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Buy It!!!! Buy It!!!! Buy It!!!! Rahh!!! Rahh!!! Rahh!!!

Fallout was the first CRPG I played and now I can't stop playing them!!!!

Also does anyone else see a similarity between the Master in Fallout and the Borg??

10. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] This is a timewarp conspiracy. The master was made first, and when the startrek crew saw the succes, they moved back in time to make the borg before anyone thought of the master.... Buh. :(

11. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

Oh, I got promoted. I am now a gibberling herder..... Now feel my wrath you unbelieving infidel! (Insert very evil manical badass aka Murray laughter!)

12. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Definitely get fallout, and fallout 2. both awesome, i've been playin' them over and over again and again....

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Ahhh, you are too fast for me....

You CAN finish Fallout 2 without a patch! If you want I'll number all those bugs (pretty big list) so you can avoid them. And you can't find all of them in walkthrus!

Don't get children's patch - you'll never see what happens when you kill the kid (NPC reactions + a new trait).

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 12, 2001).]

14. GONMAR Gems: 6/31

if it's better than Icewind HOW..hard to believe...I'll have to get it...

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Waiting for authorities' opinion (opposite to mine, of course)...

16. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] MURRAY!!! lol

Guybrush: "Can I call you Bob?"
    Murray: "You may call me Murray!!!"

17. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

buy fallout 1, 2, wateland, and tactics the four fallout games, go, now, buy, spend MONEY!! LOTS OF MONEY!!

18. GONMAR Gems: 6/31

no buy, no money, have to wait
    thanks for the info everyone

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.