1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Moving to XenForo - the donation thread!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Markus' and Samareth's donations of $10 now bring us to $710 out of $800 needed! :thumb:

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Now that we're comfortably running on XenForo, I'm going to wrap up this donation drive. The final donations were: additional $40 from oli, $40 from Raymond M., additional $5 from Samareth, $20 from Rebecca H. and $20 from Daniel. Hopefully I haven't missed anyone, but if I have, please PM me if your donation hasn't been listed!

The final amount raised is $835, which amounts to cca $785 after PayPal's fees. Here's a big THANK YOU to everyone who's donated and made this migration possible! All those of you who have donated and also have forum accounts will receive proper recognition attributed to your account, as mentioned in the first post of the thread. I'm not sure yet if we'll be adopting the same kind of achievements system as on the old forums, but definitely all the previous achievements earned will be reflected on your accounts in some way even on XF. I only need to figure out how I'm going to set it up. ;)

I've put together a list of all the expenses incurred during this migration so far and I'm happy to say that the donations will cover it all, and leave a little extra. Here's the breakdown:

$75 for the test import
    $150 for the final core data import
    $15 for converting social groups into threads
    $90 for the albums & blogs import
    $140 for the legacy NewsPro content import
    $50 for the post icons import
    $60 for the XFMG licence
    $50 for the XF licence renewal
    ----------------------------------------------
    $630 total

The remaining $155 raised will be spent on the purchase of several XF addons that I believe will allow for significant further development of the website & forums, as well as yearly licence renewals.

3. Taluntain

Media:
    Now that we'll be setting up the award icon for this donation drive as well, I'm missing the potential usernames of quite a few donors on the list:
    • Anonymous
    • Eric W.
    • Elizabeth M.
    • Matthew E.
    • Raymond M.
    • Rebecca H.
    • Sang Y.
    • Walden
    Most of them haven't immediately followed up on the SPS account setup e-mails at the time, or haven't registered on the forums at all. If any of you are reading this now and recognize your name, please PM me so I can attribute the deserved icon to your account!

4. Taluntain

Media:
    Those of you who've donated or contributed in some way (and I have your usernames) should now all have the xF award icon displayed in your posts. Thanks to @catbert for whipping it up!

In the future we might be coming up with new award icons altogether, so stay tuned!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.