1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tell us about your most powerful BG2 char here

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Rakanishu, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Anarchy84 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Imported from BG1

Muir (Half-Orc M Neutral Evil Fighter/Thief 17/18)

Str 20
    Dex 19
    Con 20
    Int 12
    Wis 10
    Cha 8

Scout, backstabber and tank extraordinare. Very fun character to play with and quite easy to RP evil as well.

Lilith (Human F CE Wild Mage 22)

Str - 7
    Dex - 18
    Con - 15
    Int - 18
    Wis - 16
    Cha - 6

Confrontations ranged from near impossible to laughably easy with this char, long live wild magic and the exploding cow of infinite hilarity.

2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I like these thread ressurrections :)

Imported from BG1

Alanorn (Dwarf M Chaotic Good Fighter/Cleric)

Str 19
    Dex 18
    Con 20
    Int 12
    Wis 21
    Cha 12

Wielding axes and hammer dual

I always loved the ability to both slaughter and heal, and this was one of my first chars, back from when I used to roll and reroll and so on.

I also had a human T-C Female, Lawful good. Also imported.

Str 16
    Dex 17
    Con 16
    Int 12
    Wis 21
    Cha 19

She used sling, mace and shield.

These two characters have been all the way. Do I need to say I like clerictypes? I have never been through with a magetype...

3. Anarchy84 Gems: 1/31

Heh, yeah it seemed a little dusty. Jan 2001?!? :D

How did you get such monstrous stats Shaitan? And i'm curious bout your dwarven cleric using an axe! :p

Never used a cleric/thief before, how was it? Do the classes compliment eachother then? I always saw the limit on backstabbing weapons and the penalties of heavy armour and thieving to be too much of a pain. Interested in tactics, good spell combos etc if you're willing to tell.

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Lyoma Miekka (lyömämiekka=broadsword)
    Imported from BG 1 with over 400 000 exp.
    Paladin, Human, Lawful Good.

Str 19
    Dex 18
    Con 19
    Int 10
    Wis 17
    Cha 19
    + (hell trials good)

Wore Carsomyr, summon-thingies (Kithix, Djinni bottle etc.) and Book of Infinitive Spells. Fullplate +2, Ring of Gaxx/Ram/Regeneration, Cloack of Mirroring. Boots of Speed, Amulet of Power, Belt of Inertial Barrier.

Used mainly Holy Smite/healing spells.

5. Shaitan

Hmm many years since and the hefty use of AoE mod. But not then, must have been maces then? or flails? I don't even remember. He

The T-C really fits BG2 and the NPC there good. The lack of a good thief (not using Yoshi and Jan) is apparent.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Gnome Cleric/Thief (sk'ed to simulate importing from BG :) )

Str: 18
    Dex: 19
    Con: 16
    Int: 14
    Wis: 21
    Cha: 14

Best weapon was the +4 staff from Adventurers Mart (the staff-mace allowed backstabbing while holding a shield, though). Gnasher and Blackblood were quite good as well. The Night's Gift was great armor.

This was a solo character -- she was so powerful, she was boring. Firkraag? Dead in seconds. Shadow Dragon? Dead in seconds. Kangaxx? Don't make me laugh -- even got two rings. Twisted Rune? Two undead (and buddies) vs cleric -- do the math.

Never did ToB with this character, as I said she was too powerful. Nothing was a challenge. And I don't pre-buff.

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Most powerful would be my solo F/M/T. Also got boring after a while. Either dual-wielding the two CFs (Celestial Fury and Crom Faeyr) or holding SotM for the invis. Honestly, Stoneskin + backstab + fighter HLAs afterward = major ouch. He was a whirlwind of death even without whirlwinds.

Most fun while being powerful would be the Thief dualled to fighter that went through BG1 about four times. Splattering kobolds has never been so fun. :evil:

8. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

Race: Half Orc
    Class: FIghter/Cleric (Mutli)
    Weapons: Hammer, Flail

Helm of Balduran, Flail of Ages +5, Crom Faeyr, Gorgon Plate +4, Ring of Gaxx, uh i forget what else

STR 19
    DEX 18
    CON 19
    INT 11
    WIS 11
    CHR 11

Spells: standard buff spells

(i dont play that much so i dont know all of the good spells and tactics)

He did most of my killing.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I will post about my wild mage but alas I do not have access to my BG2 game right now so I am missing the details. I played through an IA game with him so he was well above the experience cap even with a party of six in the end of the game, he had so many powerful items and so many spells memorised...he was just cool, but I won't post until I get all the missing details. :)

10. Maylander Gems: 1/31

My best character was a fighter/mage that I ran through BG1 first to get the stat boosts so he started BG2 with 19 str, 19 dex, 19 con and 19 int. The rest of the stats were not too great.

After that it was relatively easy, it's just a matter of getting Stoneskin and woosh, you can flatten almost anything. Stuff like improved invisibility, stoneskin, mirror image, improved haste and so on and so forth really makes a fighter/mage extremely powerful.

It was a fun game. :)

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Since this is the SoA-only forum, let's stick to SoA character builds, please.

12. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

my most powerful character was a figher/mage-thief that used a custom fighter kit that I created.

he had the benefits of the kensai and inquisitor classes without the weaknesses. he also had naturally decreased casting time.

I also made a shirt of elven chain mail for him. AC-2 I think. it gave him immunity to timestop, probably confusion and hold, and permanent improved alacrity, oh and immunity to backstab.

the point was to make a character as powerful as his godhood suggested. so he really was every inch the god he was supposed to be. irenicus didnt stand a chance.

nothing like cast spell *pause* cast spell *pause* cast spell *pause* run in and hack up whats left.

kinda fun surprisingly, considering he was so uber powerful.

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You are right ofcourse, Taluntain. I always forget that rule, sorry. I will not brag about my character here then. :) Reading about other people's characters is fun enough too!

14. Anarchy84 Gems: 1/31

Hmmm, a few posts have made me curious to try a Cleric/Thief, it's a multi i've never considered before.

If anyone has any tips, ie, dual or multi, good tactics would be much appreciated.

15. Shaitan

Halforc - really fluffy dude

16. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Most powerful?? My Half-Elf Mage/Cleric Ilyena...I was playing solo without the XP cap of course...so level was 35/40 or something like that by the end of the game.

Played with the Tactics mod on Insane, and managed to finish the game solo all the way up till the Ascension fight at the end of Throne of Bhaal...

In SoA ONLY?? I'd say my solo Mage...also without XP cap...even improved Irenicus was no match for my exploit using, cheap-ass mage...

Project Image x4 exploit with Chain Contingency, followed by summoning like 50 Skeleton Knights, 12 Mordy Swords and a Pit Fiend or two...let them go nuts, then cast Time Stop and wipe up what's left...

17. virtualsri Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My most powerful Character is

Mrithyu

Level 21 Assassin dualled to a fighter

stats were

str : 18/91
    Dex : 18
    Con : 15

Grandmastery in Quarterstaves and full points in two handed weapon style, weilded a Staff of the Ram towards the end of TOB.
    was only fully realised while i was in Yagashuras layer, backstabbed an elite fire giant and it was a critical hit.. POW.

from then on if anything could be backstabbed it was dead in a single blow.

Gave a backstab

18. Uliarathid Gems: 1/31

Ok then...
    Illana
    Female Elven Sorceress.
    Str:8
    Dex:19
    Con:16
    Int:18
    Wis:18
    Cha:3(18 with ring)

Best nuker ever.
    Everything dead before it got to me

19. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Strongest character?

Inquisitor paladin.

STR: 19
    DEX: 19
    CON: 19
    INT: 11
    WIS: 15
    CHA: 19 (21 with Nymph cloak)

Ridiculously overpowered stats thanks to BG1 and it's lovely tomes. It was almost too easy- smack things to death, dispel if necessary, rinse and repeat.

By far the most enjoyable playthrough i've had so far. I really should try a sorcerer sometime.

20. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have run multiple Human Fighter dual class to thief at level 13. Right after I dual. I kick everyone out of my party and pick all the locks in the thieves guild. It shoots me up quite a few levels, then I look for every lock and trap I can inside the city.

The HLA use any item makes it so nice to wield the holy avenger, use other NPC gear. Setting traps makes killing some of the insane mobs in ToB.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.