1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Wildfire, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] On my travels to a variety of other sites I discovered 'news' on Fallout 3. Now I have never played the sequels, so I don't know what I'm missing out on, but certainly there seems to be a fair amount of fuss about them in the chatroom, so I presume that there is quite a large amount of people who like Fallout 1 and 2. So anyway, it is hardly news, hence the 's, as it is only a brief 2 liner by Feargus Urquhart the president of Black Isle.

To read the whole thing in context (although you will have to wade through a lot of crap, go here: http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14469&perpage=15&pagenumber=2 .

Good news? I know not...

2. Sentry Guest

You didn't play Fallout 1 & 2?!
    GO AND DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

3. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Fallout 3?!
    Damn, that just HAS to be good news! Wildfire, you're missing out two games that quite a few people would put above Torment or BG2. I'll even admit that I once, in my moment of weakness, had a most disturbing thought that Fallout 2 could be better than Daggerfall...
    :aaa:...maybe it is!

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"you're missing out two games that quite a few people would put above Torment or BG2"

I might put FO1 on par with Bg2/Torment, but FO2 is even-up with The Dig.

I bought FO1&2 in a jewel case. FO1 is backed up, and the original FO2 disk is currently residing as my primary desk-coaster. Alice is my backup coaster.

5. gollum Banned

[​IMG] Buy them they are only 10 bucks for both!

6. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

These games are simply amazing. Go buy them now and lock yourself in with your PC for the rest of christmas.

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Fallout 1&2 were both great games, as said above maybe even better than BG or IWD. I hear lots of talk about a F3 follow-up but no real proof. They made Fallout Tactics instead of a third normal Fallout game. Since then no real solid info from Interplay about a new title. The story you sent is a good sign but I'll get excited when I hear a offical release. We've heard them cry wolf before with this game.

But thanks for the info.

8. Lord Sarevok Guest

Yup, I loved these games as well. What I would really like, is if Fallout 3 used a modified version of the infinity engine that we all know and love. This, of course, isn't possible anymore with Bioware sueing Interplay.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Fallout had it's special engine that rocked.

Using Infinity Engine would only ruin the "soul" of Fallout. Besides that Infinity Engine is too old and so it can be burried. And also, Infinity Engine allowed cheaters to cheat whatever they wanted. I don't want to see that lame engine ever again. Unless they'll encode saved games so you can't have ShadowCheater anymore.

Shortly, for Fallout 3 there should be a completely new engine.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Don't bother. Fallout could never use the Infinity Engine since it utilizes 2nd edition D&D, which is not the ruleset for Fallout. Neither could any other non-AD&D game ever use it.

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

That old engine has worked well in three games, why bother changing it now? Not to mention it might work on my computer in that case. *innocent look*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.