1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

so, who likes Fallout 1&2?

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by The Fat Egg, Sep 16, 2000.

1. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I melted the death claws in one targeted hit to the eyes with the alien pistol. heh, they also are very flammable

Om

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I never really liked the flamethrower due to the extremely limited range. I used the .223 pistol for a lot of the game. It was a great weapon and even a great backup weapon almost to the end. I think it's only drawback was to could only hold 5 rounds. Another great weapon for the middle of the game was the combat shotgun. It also had limited range but when fighting on building it was not really a factor. I strange thing is I never thought the assult rifles were that good. Did you have the same reaction?

3. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I agree that the only drawback of the .233 pistol was the clip. I hated all shotguns, don't know why, but I did. The alien Pistol is good only for toe to toe combat (its got SHORT range). And anyhow in F1 the TPR was better, and in F2 the PR was better. (MUch better).

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I find the upgraded plasma gun amazing! Not only can you fire using only 3 APs per shot but its also a great laugh when the shot hits a deathclaw and turns it into Mr. Crispy! And its just amazing aginst those mutants!

Power armor is cool as well! Those annoying mantisis kill you easy when you havn't got power armor! But when you got Power armor they just keep biting the dust!

One gun which i find really useless is the minigun...I have a strength of 10 (due to power armor) and am able to use the mini gun properly...anyway when i'm attacking enemies it only deals around 3 - 15 pts of damage at a time and thats annoying!

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I never really put many points into the big guns skill. I think small guns and energy weapons can take care of anything in the game. Thus I never used the minigun a lot but the few times I did it didn't impress me either. I found rockets to work better. But energy weapons are the way to go.

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] One funny thing is when you get good enough reputation points and go buy something at the gun runners (i think thats their name...its the company that wants you to clear a death claw nest) and then sell it...you actually make more money!

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I never noticed that about the Gun Runners but in my first game I taged batter so after I have over 100% I could make money doing that all most anywhere. Later on when learned to tag speech in instead is was a little harder to do it.

8. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Hey dudes, sorry about my obvious lack of posts yesterday, i've been busy with moving. What do you guys think is the hardest thing to battle in F2, for me its most likely all those enclave troops. man, they are HARD to defeat.

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

10. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I think the hardest fight in F2 for me was the aliens in the mine. I only have combat armor and a combat shotgun at the time. It was mad hard. I had to come back when I had power armor to finally finish them all off. How about you?

11. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

That was definetly hard for me, but by that time I had bought power armor in san fran.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.