1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to play Fallout the first time? Is it fair?

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by kmonster, Nov 9, 2008.

1. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Finally he started using a gun again, I don't know if it was because I cleared his inventory, told to him to use his best weapon or just luck. He'll never get have a knife or a weapon for unarmed combat again. :D

From the Hub I went straight to Necropolis to search for the chip. The ghouls there were surprisingly easy. Ian gave a demonstration of his smartness by letting a ghoul hitting him in the back without doing anything except using stimpaks. The dog is dead now, it's too much trouble to keep it alive, so Ian is the only companion now, I need a mule.

I found the next unfairness, if you allow the supermutant to bring you to his superior (you have no clue that the supermutants are evil at this point of the game) you gain a lot of insight, but you end up in a prison without equipment (unless you use Ian's inventory as exploit) in a no win situation, so I reloaded and killed them for XP and equipment instead. They're rather weakmutants than supermutants. Now after finding the chip and fixing the pump I'm ready to leave Necropolis and bring the chip to the Vault.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There are quite a few good ghouls in Necropolis. The bad ones really aren't much of a threat.

Going to the superior is not a no-win situation, but may be too tough for now. There is a way out, but you have to be quick (you get your equipment back during the escape). You'll get another chance to go this route later -- I think the chances of survival are much better at the later junction (at least, I survived it). It is really interesting.

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    You can always join the mutants, I love the video when you do join them...

4. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

I've finally finished the game. When he destroyed the military base at the end my character level 16 and had about 60 unused skill points since I didn't have to raise a skill any more after getting decent lockpicking and putting 160 points into energy weapons. I found the alien blaster, but it's not as good as the turbo plasma rifle.

I encountered a strange bug in the boneyard, when I told the maior of Adytum that I changed my mind I was teleported to the town entrance and attacked while Ian and Katja stayed where they fought without me seeing or being able to help them since the map refused to scroll during combat, so I had to reload storm the place with the Blades.
    The guy from the Blades taught my character how to fight, but both unarmed and weapons skill stayed down at 57 and 47, is this a bug ?

When exploring the glow I didn't know that RadX stacks with itself, so I had more than 3000 radiation without knowing that when I left and died in the desert. I reloaded and took 15 radaway, but this was still not enough to survive so I had to take 24. After messing up something else (I thought I could get the fighting bonus from watching the Brotherhood training if I left the room and returned) I reloaded and repeated the glow exploration, replaying works much faster than first time exploration.

The military base also drove me nuts. When I saved and reloaded forcefields went up, I used the repair tool to temporarily disable a forcefield, walked past it and when I used the repair tool to get out again I got the "force field temporarily disabled" message but nothing happened, no matter what I did, never did it work afterwards, if I restarted the complex or not. After a lot of frustration I finally retried carrying dynamite along and blowing everything up. Combat was a piece of cake for my level 16 character there on the other hand.

Reading a walkthrough I found out that I overlooked the master in the Cathedral (I've only activated ed the bomb), I've reloaded my reload from my previous save at the cathedral and try to defeat him with my character who's about level 10 at this point of the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.