1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Premium Modules Pulled Down

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by Taluntain, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]Remember BioWare's downloadable Neverwinter Nights premium modules? Kingmaker, Shadowguard, Witch's Wake, Pirates of the Sword Coast, etc.?

A few days ago I somewhat accidentally noticed that all of their pages on BioWare's website, as well as their web store, have been removed. I inquired about this over at BioWare and learned that the premium modules were removed from BioWare's website at Atari's instruction. What's more, BioWare can no longer sell them nor advertise them.

Through further inquiries we've learned that this has happened at the end of August and that BioWare had almost no notice from Atari and had to remove the premium modules within a day for "legal reasons".

The modules that have been purchased and redeemed are still playable, but all support or further sales for them now rest with Atari.

The only problem is, Atari is not currently selling them, except the first 3 in boxed compilations, such as Neverwinter Nights Diamond. Oops?

We'll see if we can get some more information on this over the next few days...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Big thumb down to Atari. I've grown tired of them. Pulling the plug on Daggerford, pulling the plug on Wyvern Crown only to reinstate it a moment later when stuff started stinking, pulling the plug on all other modules, delaying MoW by a year or so for DRM, releasing buggy, rushed products with cut content. What's next? When will their complete disregard of possible reactions by customers end, if ever? Do they not care at all whether we respect them or not?

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I think you've listed all the possible ways in which they've quite clearly said that no, they don't care about our respect. I suppose as long as we keep giving them our money that's all they really want. It's sad that we can only encourage the developers of these modules by also giving our money to Atari, who clearly care for neither the developers nor the customers.

I wonder though, if Bioware can no longer support the modules what happens if you try to play them? I thought the activation server they contact is Bioware's. The ones that come packed with Kingmaker and in the Diamond Edition don't require activation, but the others still do, don't they? I'll need to check Pirates of the Sword Coast when I get home.

4. DarthMuffin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

This isn't actually new, I think it dates back to August. I'm afraid if there was to be a new way to buy them online they would have announced it by now.

Atari has been shooting itself in the foot for years now. They were a big player once, but I think it would be about time for them to just die. They're like a TV show that jumped the shark.

Personally, I only played Wyvern Crown and it was pretty good. Daggerford would have been worth every penny though, I pretty much bought Westgate only because I felt Ossian had been robbed over Daggerford.

5. Zebranky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

They still play fine, and if you bought them in the past through BioWare's store, you can still download them. Bottom line: BioWare > Atari.

6. MrSafin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, this is my first post...

anyway, this is grave news. I just reinstalled Nwn after years to play all the official stuff for it and wanted to buy the premium modules.

But they are not available anymore. Can't we all try to send an email to Atari support?

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    My guess is that Atari will release a boxed bundle containing all of the premium modules at some point... either that, or sell them via their online store. But given how slowly everything moves at Atari, just getting them into their store is likely to take several months.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.