1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How busy does this board get nowadays?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by enclave911, Sep 30, 2013.

1. enclave911 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm really liking this forum so far, I was just wondering how often the Forums are visited.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We're not as busy as we were in the ol' days (early 2000s). But we still have a fairly vibrant community, with plenty of regulars willing to help out with your questions.

I've been kind of the invisible moderator lately, I stealthily watch the Boards from the background. The reason being I've been busy writing plenty of gaming guides for SP, so I have trouble mustering the time or energy to post in a lot of the threads as a regular contributor.

enclave911 likes this.
  3. enclave911 Gems: 2/31

Thanks so much, and thanks for talking to me earlier! I'm happy that I'm part of this community now, it should be fun :)

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Definately enough people here to make it feel like a community :) that is cool.
    My favorite forum is the BG 1 forum ^^
    Nostalgia!

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    SP is definitely a community. Some folks have settled in and grown up here others like me stray off to other places but come back to visit. We are family. New people get a warm welcome and take their place in the family.

Bladezuez likes this.
  6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    They also get blamed for any breakages and have to buy the booze at Christmas

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Except for the things that Barmy breaks and DMC fixes. Yep, they, the newcomers, are responsible for the booze.

Oh yes, I almost forgot the conspiracy theories. We love conspiracy theories.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Don't go telling people that...you don't know who's reading this!!

9. Nakia

Media:
    Oops, sorry, mums the word.

10. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    Really depends a bit on what your after too, there's a pretty good debate crowd here too, and they can get heated.

11. enclave911 Gems: 2/31

Okay dokey, I've been on hiatus for a little bit from here (college and work come first haha), I do love seeing heated debates though! I'm waiting until after finals, but I'm starting Baldurs Gate for the first time, and will be hanging out here more often :)

---------- Added 0 hours, 37 minutes and 26 seconds later... ----------

Also, add me on steam! enclave911 is my username :D

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've only visited these boards a few times.

13. enclave911 Gems: 2/31

Just a few.

14. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

I stop by here pretty much every day, although with how utterly dead it's been lately I haven't really had the chance to say much.

15. enclave911 Gems: 2/31

I like it here, I do wish it did have more people talking though.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Invite your friends over, no better way to get more conversation going than having more people active!

17. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Weren't we just saying good bye to BOM?

18. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There are plenty of regulars here and the odd one or other new-comer.
    Most of us are here peek in a hourly basis...but the silent way.

And we do tend to take things slow. Aged well we have.

In winter when the mood hits rock bottom (after our wives run amok with the Christmas shopping) we tend to see topics like the one "Bye-Bye BoM".

But it just our rally call, really.

The thing that makes Sorcerer's awesome is the people.
    You won't find renegade Gestapo-Mods or Annoying Me-center-of-attention-posters.

We're kinda grown up here. :D

enclave911 and Taluntain like this.
  19. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Aged well, my arse. I'm going gray and my hair is thinning out so my head gets cold in these times.

Nah, I was always the lurker type. Don't know what to say? Then say nothing. There are no uncomfortable silences when I'm not uncomfortable with them.

20. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ah, Henkie, my dear. I said we aged well....not aged pretty.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.