1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout Help

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Arath, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Arath Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Im currently playing Fallout 2, had It for a long time but never played it.

but there seems to be a bug in it. It started when I entered Gecko(the ghoul city/town) There are some people in that town that will attack me upon sight, without reason.
    I was wondering if there might be someone else who have experienced this and if there might be a fix for it.

2. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Yes, that almost always happens if you have the unpatched version. I strongly recommend that you get the update, since it is near impossible to finish the game otherwise. Unfortunately you will have to start the game over, because the old saves do not work in the new versions.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Whoa. Any cd nowadays has the patch integrated. That is hardcore kind of old.

Anyways, I remember having that problem one time on like my second time to play through it (around it, whatever). You might just have a bugged savegame or something.

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well, the manual does mention that saving often is a good thing. It even recommends saving quite often. And in addition to that it gives multiple hints on keeping savegames far back in case of problems or getting stuck or suchlike. This would be the point where I loaded my savegame, re-entered Gekko, and found that everything was swell. If not, then something is seriously wrong. Kill them all, and be done with it. :)

5. Arath Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

yeah, well. I bought it in a pack with BGI, Torment and FalloutII, that is like, 4-5 years ago just didnt start fallout until now.
    when you say update, do you mean as in buying the game from new or downloading a patch from somewhere on the net, if the later then where.

@ Foradasthar:

considered it, tried it, only problem is, then there will be nobody to give me the reward for completeing the powerplant quest, and other unfinished gekko quests(the hostile ghoul is right outside of it)

6. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You need to download the patch from Interplay's web site. If it's any consolation, if you don't download the patch, the game WILL crash (100% guaranteed) at a cutscene in the near future. Annoying, but that's just the way it is.

7. stefan Banned

It´s happened to me to.
    But last time I played it, I didn´t patch it but he didn´t attack me anyway. So it´s just a random thing. Anyway, you still get experience for fixing the plant plus the exp from all the ghoulkilling. Not to mention their equipment, might not be the best, but it´s still money =)

Frikkin´ spelling...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.