1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

In 2 months' time...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] A bit hard to believe, but since SP's official birth date is June 10, 1999, we'll be celebrating SP's 15th birthday in less than two months' time. :whoa:

As good a time as any to reminisce, especially if you're one of our earliest members (say pre-2005) and still around!

15 years is also a nice round figure to get behind some major changes, so with a bit of luck I'll manage to convert our message boards to the new XenForo platform by then, or not too long after that. After that's done, we can get things moving here again like I've been planning on doing for a long time now.

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Time flies...

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This reminds me I need to set up those special oldtimer badges for grandpas like joa... :D

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah yes, 1999. What memories. Of course, back then, I was known as Talentane, and the current Tal was known as CootiePatootie. I still remember that one day when Tal, in a fit of rage, realized my nick was better than his and demanded that I surrender it to him, which I did. Of course, due to the blow to the head he suffered as a child, he screwed up the spelling, but that’s OK.

Thanks for the opportunity to reminisce, CT (or "Cootie", as we liked to call you then). Those were the days!

5. Bluerose Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

"... one of our earliest members"? I can't believe it. Although I have never posted much, I still lurk here occasionally. Thanks for keeping the place alive for people like me :). Hmm, maybe I will post a little, as I've gone through the hurdle known as logging in.

Taluntain likes this.
  6. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How am I one of our earliest members?! Sure it hasn't been that long.

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You aren't, but you're still around, and that's what counts ;)

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It reminds me of my first years with internet and redwine :)

I have found it rewarding to come back again. I do miss the livelyhood of the chatchannel. I hope with a new platform, people slowly start coming back and hang around and find it equally rewarding. If nothing else, just to hang around and share life.

Each time I see Tarrasques post it reminds me of Extremist (profile toon). I'll use "the going to sleep" tonight to remember all those who are long gone and those who vigilantly stay. Like joacqin whose name I still struggle with after all these years! Couldn't it have been JoaGIN :p

9. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Wow, 15 years means ancient in Internet years.

Bigger sites came and went while SP still magicked its mojo.

Awesome.

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

its the Alpha and Omega of the internet :D

11. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm not sure if I qualify as an early member, but holy lord, I've been coming to this site for a looong time. I was a few months away from my first son being born when I joined, and I do recall lurking for a few months prior to that, without having created an account.

Yep, time does indeed fly. Happy early birthday SP!

Taluntain likes this.
  12. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Well! 2005?

13. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    Seems like only yesterday, I was still in the forces then so I didn't get here much, but I will still remember with no shortage of love the nuclear heated arguments I could get in the alleys.

14. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    5 days to my 11th anniversary on the site.

15. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

I'm a latecomer to this site to be sure, but I too miss the days of heated political debates.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It almost makes me want to dig out my Sony Minidisc player and listen to some celebratory tunes.

It also reminds me that Icewind Dale II is still on sale at my local EB Games and it was that game that brought me to this site (how on earth do you get through that Goblin Fortress?)

17. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I miss the hay-days of the RP corner. Yes, it got overdone for a while, but it's been years since it has been a cold and dusty crypt. Please don't change the look too much when upgrading, Sorcerer's Place has been a familiar site for me for longer than any other.

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    2001, ladies and gentlemen. Why, I remember when Harbs was wet around the ears, and Rotku and I were eager to snatch him up as our Kiwi countryman.

19. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] 15 years in web terms is practically giant redwood longevity! A phenomenal achievement for a purely fan-run site, and a testament to Tal & the team's hard work and the dedicated, supportive community.

Here's to the the next 15! :beer:

Taluntain and Old One like this.
  20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I guess I'm relatively old. I've been tied up with all sorts of crap lately, but I still think back to many conversations here and laugh like a loon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.