1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which mod would you like to see reviewed?

Discussion in 'Mod Reviews' started by Taluntain, May 5, 2004.

1. Tillix Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I wonder if someone tried
    "Icewind Dale II NPC Project"
    from gibberling33.net
    and (even more interesting)
    "Icewind Dale NPCs"
    from pocketplane.

If i find the time, I'll do a review myself for the IWD1 part, but this would be late summer i guess...

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I've played both mods, the writing is outstanding. You may want to use Dalekeeper to change a few things in the IWD2 NPC mod because it's certainly not a powergamer's dream party but as far as NPC mods go these two mods are top quality mods.

I never thought about writing a review due to my limited gaming time (that is entirely devoted to DAO at the moment) but these mods are definitely worthy of reviews.

3. Tillix Gems: 5/31

Thanks Caradhras,
    they are both on my "to play" list then ;-)

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG] I 2nd Carahras on IWD NPCs. It was excellent. My wife, a nongamer, paused a few times to listen to the dialogue while I was playing thru it. She dislikes games and gaming altogether, but this mod gave her pause. I would call that some darn good credentials.:) Almost converted her...almost.

5. Tillix Gems: 5/31

keep trying, blades, keep trying!!
    :thumb:

6. True Neutral Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I would like to see the Virtue Mod for Baldur's Gate 2 reviewed and allow for modifications of the law/chaos axis. Now they said it wasn't feasible. I believe there are many things you do in Baldur's Gate that could affect your alignment. I believe they did not add the law/chaos axis because they were mistaken about it. Like I said in one of my previous posts, Law for example doesn't just mean you are following the law all time, you actually promote. Neutral (on the law/chaos axis) is usually a middle state just like neutral (on the good/evil axis). A neutral character (law/chaos axis) may follow the law all the time but that doesn't mean he is promoting it.

A few examples based on consequences of actions :

Law : 1) When someone asks you to do something that is non-disruptive, and you achieve you mission sucessfuly, it should be considered a minor/moderate lawful act. That would mean a lot of script work in BG.

2) Saying the truth even though it would be against your conscience to do so is a minor lawful act.

3) Allowing a helpless foe to surrender would be a minor lawful act.

4) Telling others what to do when it comes to appropriate or principled behaviour would be a moderate/major act.

etc.

Neutral (anything that is neither lawful or chaotic) :

1) Following the law without advancing any form of order.

2) Leave criminals/forces of authority undisrupted

3) Refusing to do something chaotic that would be beneficial.

etc.

Chaos : 1) Using magic illegally in town would be a major chaotic act.

2) Stealing when someone notices you would be a minor/moderate chaotic act.

3) Killing someone while being noticed would be a moderate/major chaotic act.

4) Betraying individuals/groups/organisations that owed your thrust (like Shadow Thieves and Vampires) would involve minor/major chaotic acts.

etc.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  7. Duiuz Gems: 1/31

At this point, anything!

I'm eager to see some life return here!

8. Duiuz Gems: 1/31

I'm probably gonna be in trouble for a 1.3 year old double posting but I must know!

So... Is this board dead? That'd be a tragic shame if nobody reviewed mods for us and gave them the justice they deserve.

I'd do reviews myself were I allowed, but I digress. I hope this isn't the end.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, this specific forum is pretty dead, yes... nobody seems interested in doing the actual reviewing any more. If you'd like to, you'd be very welcome. Everyone can post the reviews - check out this thread for info.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.