1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout 1, pathetic queston

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Z-Layrex, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] :help: :hmm: I just got Fallout 1 :borg: and already i'm stuck!At the first area of vault 15 i can't find a rope to get down, please help. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Z-Layrex (edited April 10, 2002).]

2. GuarMar487 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

on your way to vault 15 you will notice another green circle between vaults 13 and 15. that is a town, i forget them name, and you are supposed to go there, do some mini-quests about rad scorpians and the such. when your done you will gain an npc, i forget his name. after you get him, you should search the bookcases in the house. a rope will be in on of them.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, there's two ropes in Shady Sands. One's in a bookcase (free), and you can barter with Seth(?) for the other one, at the entrance to Shady.

You only need one, as you'll find another inside v15. Put it in your inventory slot, and 'use' it on the elevator floor.

BTW, there's only one other place that you'll need a rope, so don't bother carrying 15 of them. One at v15, and one ??????......

4. total Guest

If yo cant find it it is on the eastern part of Shady Sands (not in main area, in the house)

Funny this was the part where I too stopped for the first time in the game, but dont repeat my mistake and play it to the end (i did too, after some time :) )

Bye!

5. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Isn't there two elevator shafts you have to go down?

6. GuarMar487 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Frog- Yea, there are two of them, three of them i think, but you get all the other ropes inside vault 15 after the you get the rope to enter.

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I think there are two other places you'll need a rope but again one or two in your INV is more than enough. I suggest taking everything from all the bookshelves, desks, and lockers as long as no one is around to see you. You find lots of cool stuf, and if you can't use it you can always barter it for something useful like ammo.

If this early issue is a problem then you're going to love the other quests in the game and then their Fallout 2 where things get worse.

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited April 12, 2002).]

8. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Thanks for all the help.

9. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Tip: If you ever come across a dead alien somewhere in the middle of Gods nowhere, an "L" word comes to mind.

Rhymes with w00t!

10. jesper898 Guest

In case you didnt know if you got a lot of luck you can get these(6-10 i think).

MAJOR SPOILERS...........
    you can find an alien wreck which will give you an awesome alien blaster:p
    you can find a dinosaur footprint whit a corpse that has a stealth boy
    you can also find a wrecked nuka cola truck which will give you around 10000 bottle caps

you can get them all by wandering the wastes with enough luck

11. total Guest

But dont feel sorry if you dont find them (i did until i found them ;) )!

Blaster is a good weapon, but by my humble opinion isnt the best (yes it gives best damage as flamethrower, wich i found much more effective, but it has poor range so its no good), blaster has short range (too short for my taste)! And stealth boy would be usefull if there would be more places where stealth would be very usefull. And last: 10000 bottlecaps, well money is always needed, cuz, the biggest problem in this game is "to find" a man with enough "hard currency" to get cash.

I had an argument with my friend about best weapon, so tell me, isnt upgraded plasma rifle the best? And do you almost always (i always) play with fast shot, i mean, do you find precision shot so usefull that it is worth 2 AP more?? (this goes for Fallout 1&2)

12. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] In Fallout 1 the turbo Plasma Rifle is the best weapon in the game. With a good AGL, and Action Boy I would get three shots a round at the end of the game. But fast shot is no good. You need the ability to aim earlier in the game. Head shots make all the difference with the .223 pistol or the combat shotgun.

In Fallout 2 these is a better weapon then the turbo Plasma rifle. I can't remember the name but you get it in the Enclave.

13. jesper898 Guest

i beat fallout 1 using only the desert eagle so its my fav weapon:)
    BTW i dont like fast shot i like to be able to aim at my enemies groin:p

14. total Guest

Aimed shot is good thing, fun and usefull, but to me not as shooting with 1AP less.

SPOILER :)

In F1 i managed to put 7 in AGI (than raised it to 8) = 8 AP (correct? dont remember well) than i took 2 Action boys and Fast Rate of Fire and Fast shot and Turbo plasma rifle and got => shooting takes 2 AP and 5 shots per round (also took bonus move for being able to fire and move) so i thought i would make better dmg with 5 shots than 2 aimed?? (notice, you cant always shoot enemy from max range and in the dark in the groin or eyes)

As for best weapon in F2 i take Bozar as main and gauss rifle for saving ammo (also played with fast shot)

And what do you think of bazookas? Are they worth extra load you must take?

15. jesper898 Guest

i think that bazookas are a little to heavy, i'd rather choose a plasma rifle:)

16. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

That turbo plasma rifle will slip past armour better than all the other weapons will. And when you have 166-200 skillz in energy weapons, you can take out Mother Deathclaw and the end Boss without using a single simpak. Added to the fact that with a fast shot perk drop the cost down to 3/4, you can shoot several times in one round.

The plasma rifle definately ruled FO1.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.