1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Forum News (May. 22, 09)

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by Ancalagon, May 23, 2009.

1. Ancalagon

Ancalagon The First Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Here are today's Dragon Age Forum Highlights, imported by permission from Dragon Age Central. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

David Gaider, Lead Writer

forced party members

Quote: Posted 05/22/09 22:22 (GMT) by ztemplarz
    I am really not sure if this has been answered yet, and have been going through the forums for a while, without finding the answer, so here it is: are party members going to be forced as in NWN 2?
    As noted by the other poster, there is only one character that you can't tell to take a hike if you so desire (or simply not recruit in the first place). That character you can choose to leave behind at the party camp, if you wish, and solo the game if that's your preference. The game's balanced for a party, and party members have a lot of content, but we're not going to foist them on you.

Quote: On a different note, is it 100% confirmed that you can't kill any of your companions?
    There are situations that can occur where you will end up in a fight with a party member (or potential party member) and you can kill them. Sometimes you can elect to start such a fight, depending on the circumstances. If what you are asking is whether or not you can kill any party member at any time, however, then the answer is no.

A question relating to the Noble Origin and how it relates to the "Vengence" trailer. **SP

Quote: Posted 05/22/09 15:09 (GMT) by barbarianbarbie
    With that in mind, the information in the "Vengence" trailer seems to imply the discovery of who was behind the attack on Highever.
    I don't think there's anything in that trailer that relates specifically to the Human Noble origin.

Quote: My question is this, how are you able to exact revenge if you're now a member of the Grey Wardens? I mean of course you would want revenge, but doesn't that conflict with the whole Wardens never meddle in politics thing?
    It might. You'll have to find out, won't you? Why would you want to know the answer to this question now?

Gaider the Maker?

Quote: Posted 05/22/09 04:44 (GMT) by devSin
    I believe he's said he came up with the "framework" for the game world, but when a particular designer or writer needed to work in an area that he only briefly sketched out, it pretty much turned into whatever that person wanted, regardless of what his original intent may have been (of course, it's entirely likely that he didn't even know himself what his original intent was by that point, so maybe they're right on the mark :p ).
    It's more like I did a lot of the initial work on creating the setting, but that included a lot of blank spots which have been filled in by others since then and areas which have changed out of necessity -- sometimes what seems like a good concept down on paper does not turn out to be all that fun to actually play in. So it's evolved, the same way any setting will evolve once lots of creative people start getting their hands on parts and making them their own.

So, in short, no, I am not "the Maker" (though Mary and Sheryl like to joke that I am). The initial world design may have been mine, sure, but what it has turned into is not something I could have come up with on my own.

Mary Kirby, Writer

Starting DA:O

Quote: Posted 05/22/09 20:33 (GMT) by Nighteye2

How efficiƫnt is DA:O in starting up? Does it waste much time with logos and other stuff?

I just saw this, and I really hope DA:O will do better. At the very least, make such things skippable with the escape button. :shades:

We were thinking of having an unskippable sequence like this one:

Only with our logo, and the soundbites would be from Morrigan.

And maybe having that run every time you save.

Chris Priestly, Community Coordinator

Website Update: Redcliffe updated with new video
    We have added a video to the Redcliffe page. Check it out for your hint at the darkness that lurks beneath the surface of this town.
    Click Here

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.