1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which mod would you like to see reviewed?

Discussion in 'Mod Reviews' started by Taluntain, May 5, 2004.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, the title says it all basically. With so many mods for the games covered on SP out there, it's hard for the mod reviewers to single one out for review. This is your chance to tell them what would you most like to see reviewed next. Post away!

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I'd really like to see what Check the Bodies is all about. I'd play it for myself, but I'm on dial-up, so it'd take me about a week to download it :rolleyes:

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Improved Battles

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'd like to hear about Check the Bodies as well, also being on dial up.

I'd also like to see a review of BGT, and hear what the buzz is about.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I can't say that I have one specifically in mind but I would like to see some NWN mods reviewed. I don't think I've seen any yet and that's the only game on this site that I play.

EDIT: Actually there is one particular module that sticks out in my mind but I don't know if it would be considered too old to review.

Elegia Eternum - full version by Stefan Gagne. I've played quite a lot of modules and that one really left an impression on me. I haven't tried the next one after that. I believe its called 'Excrucio Eternum' but I'm pretty sure I will give it a try soon.

[ May 06, 2004, 07:33: Message edited by: Dragonfly ]

6. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Winter's Bane and Project Auril for Icewind Dale

7. TBurma316 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The full BGT-TDD-SOS-TS-NEJ-Big picture. I've downloaded it all installed and played a little but it takes up almost 10 gigs of HD space!.

I'd like someone better than me to review it and say whether it is worth the trouble. Especially the XP cap, just how far can you go? Wouldn't it make you far too powerfull early on?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Is anyone in Canada/US and has broadband and could burn a CD with Check the Bodies and send it to Mystra's Chosen? That is, if he wants to review it... I can send it to him myself, but as I'm in Europe, it'd take a bit longer to arrive.

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The upcoming Imoen Relationship, or something like that. There is supposed to be an option for romance too, so it would be interesting to see if it would be better than the current Imoen Romance (not hard to do, Imoen Romance being poop).

--Once it comes out, of course.

10. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i would really like to see improved battles reviewed, because there is always talk about tactics, but nobody even mentions that mod, which in my opinion is actually a fairly good mod, adding some challenging battles.

11. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Will I get away with saying I'd be interested to see any of my mods reviewed, so I know what can do with improving? :)

12. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I would also like to see a reviewe of check the bodies. I've tried myself, but i never got past the childhood memories becouse they take forever, but if the mod gets alot better after that i might install it again and play through the childhood memories

13. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

@ SimdingO -

What would you consider your best mod? I've done BG1TuTu, and will very shortly finish Unfinished Business (although I realize those are not specifically "your mods", you did have a part in them).

Us mod reviewers are trying to get the biggest/most popular mods out of the way first (sorry, but I don't think the Drow Innate mod qualifies as big or popular :D ) So I don't think you should expect your mods on the list anytime soon, but I'd really like to play some of your stuff because I think you've got good ideas.

14. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

There is a new BG1 NPC mod just released from the people at FW Studios I think.

Since I tend to like the very nonlinear structure of BG1 and play it with TuTu for the pretty pictures....I'd like to hear others thoughts on the BG1 mods such as the NPC mod I mentioned above as well as The Vault and Comforge.

15. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Best as in most impressive? I played a fairly lead role in developing the Dragonlance Total Conversion Demo, but I'd understand if you're slightly reluctant to look at something like that. Aside from that, I think Virtue would probably be the most significant to date.

I think Virtue probably qualifies as fairly popular, given that it's becoming something of a standard for BG2 roleplaying in various places (there's been some talk of its use in the upcoming Return to Windspear mod, and various others such as Refinements play somewhat better alongside it). On the other hand, some people hate it, and I'm into negative feedback in a big way. :)

And hey, you'd be surprised how many downloads Drow Innates gets. :p But yes, I know what you mean.

As far as other popular mods goes, how about things like Kelsey, Flirt Packs, Banter Packs? I think they're fairly standard installs for many people.

16. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

:eek: Holy Crap! It's done?!? *Breathing hard and waving hand in front of face* Droool... :D

But I agree with ya on Virtue, for the most part. I have it installed all the time now. But it's not very big, or really involved, so reviewing it would be a challenge to say the least. It more of a behind the scenes kind of thing, I think. I think you could pretty much sum up Virtue in three paragraphs.

17. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

You've probably heard it enough, but try out Imoen's Romance.

18. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I am also interested in Check the Bodies, it seems very good but I have had no chance to try it yet.

And of course, I would like to see a review about the current version of my mod (The Grey Clan), so I'll know what to fix/change/add in further versions or even later episodes. It's a short mod even if you do subquests, only a few hours at maximum.
    Its 100% BG1Tutu-compatible version should be released next week, which means it'll fully comptaible with original BG1, BG1Tutu and BG Trilogy!

I'm also interested in BGT/BP/NEJ as well, haven't played them either.

19. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

The mod I'm playing right now is Shadows over Soubar. Maybe you can review this one? I for one found the dialogue amusing but I didn't discover anything new, but I haven't progressed far yet so...

Why don't you let members review themselves? I won't hurt to see multiple reviews.

20. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Well, yes it might hurt to have multiple reviews. If someone writes a review, but really doesn't have a grasp on English, and/or doesn't review objectivly, then it'd be a real drain on the forum. SP has pretty strict rules and I think it's great that you've got to apply for every review, and then Tal has to sign off on it.

Besides, what's the point in having a bunch of reviews of the same mod? You'd just have 50 reviews of TDD with only one line like, "The game crashed and I wasn't able to play any of it. It sucks."

The main reason I want to see what Check The Bodies is all about is because it's from TeamBG, the same people who made The Darkest Day, and I want to see if it's as buggy/badly balanced as TDD. IIRC, the storyline for TDD was actually really good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.