1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout tactics?

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by DragonSlayer21, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Any of you guys played this game, any good?
    If it is any good, tell me what is good about it and also if it sucks, tell me what makes it suck so bad....

I am seriously bored these days and need a new game to occupie my days with until school kicks in :( :(

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Fallout Tactics is a good game, if you are into IWD type games. It's less role playing than the other Fallout games, which are great by the way. It's more about small unit fighting and team work. Here is a write up on the game to give you more info. http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,370849,00.html

Let me know if you have any questions after you read this info. I'd say if you are more into action get Tactics and if you are more into RP and quests buy Fallout or Fallout 2.

3. As I am more into RP and quest's I think I'll buy Fallout 1 or 2.

Should I start with first one or is the second one better and is it like with BG where you continiue the same adventure?

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

oh boy, you should have started with wasteland long ago, try to find a copy, then buy fallout 1, then 2, i really suggest playing in order because everything makes more sense if you do. as for tactics i suggest you buy it only if you are in the mood for a turn-based strategy game, as it offers little in the way of rpging. however, you could buy it simply because it does have a decent plot and extends the story of the nulclear wasteland and the people living in it just a bit longer, and since this is one of my most favorite gaming areas of all, im always craving more storyline.

5. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] For me FT is a ruined childhood dream...
    Fallout&Fallout2 are still the best CRPGs in my opinion, no matter how old they are or how many times I've completed them. I've been waiting for Tactics like one waits for.. um, for... I dunno! Something great, exciting, BEST EVER! I wanted it to be much better than JA/JA2 as TBS and as good as Fallouts were in the story part. But...
    This Game is talentless! :mad:
    It has neither good TBS engine, nor the spirit of Fallouts. BlackIsle knows how to make games, makers of tactics don't...
    I am mad! My dream is ruined! :mad:

6. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

well i have to disagree, it isnt that great as a strategy game, nor is it in any way an rpg, however it is an above average mix of both. the disalogue is just as well written and funny, and the plot although highly simplistic does propel the stroy onward. personally although ft is worse than the other three, it is still a fairly good game in my opinion.

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] A good call by Fat Egg about getting both games. Actually buy F1&2 together is CHEAPER than buy just F2! Wasteland is a great game but you will never find it. It's maybe the best RPG of all time. You can play F1 without Wasteland, but you all miss some of the suddle jokes. I saw go buy the two Fallout game and go nuts.

Some of the best games ever. I relly loved them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.