1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bye bye BoM :(

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    A heavy heart

A sad face :(

A genuine sad me... I think this place has reached such a state of inactivity that it will be closed soon. Certainly, there's not much to bring me back at all lately. :(.

It's like the end of an huge era. At least for me. BoM has been a source of knowledge, of community, and for myself, a source of strength (definitelkky one, fairly recent, that a few will know). I deem a lot of the people here among the better people I have ever met online.

I love this place and am so sorry to see it die. Everything must have it's time though I guess. It's been a blast. Much love all.

I've decided not to be on Facebook or Twitter anymore, but if any of the people here want to keep in touch with me (who knows, maybe there's one out there) my addy is philipaldred -at- gmail .com.

Hugs from your ever **** up, but ever friend... Barmy x

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Stop being so melodramatic and have a damned pint. You'll feel better.

Then just stop by every week or so to comment on stupid stuff us Yanks are doing.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I still pop by now and then. :)

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hate to say it, but I think the election of Obama had a lot to do with the death of the Alleys. The site was overwhelmingly liberal (the US definition of the word) and without a "Bush" to bash everyone went away. Now I find myself far more likely to post in Whatnots than any other forum. However, I still check in at least once a week.

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No, it's the state of the gaming world that has changed drastically. We need another game/series that is impactful as the BG/IWD series were.

6. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    ^
    That.

And after Project Eternity hits this place and the new Torment things will pick up on steam again.

This is not some sort of social network where we upload selfies or pics of the things we eat. :)

Stay calm and...sorcerer on.

7. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Aww shucks. And here I was about to upload loads of pictures of LOLcats :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Maybe Barmy can upload a selfie after he has the pint or two (or three or four) that T2 suggested and we can work off of that . . . :p

9. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Only hot chicks selfie.

10. Arkite

Arkite Crash or crash through Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG]

:D

chevalier and Taluntain like this.
  11. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Oh, yes blame Obama...how typical.... :)

12. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That one goes without saying.
    :D

13. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually, this is more "Blame Romney"

14. Darion

Media:
    On a side-note: Funny how such threads attract folks from all over the BoM.

15. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Probably a combination of there not being many of us left and also the thread title.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Stage 1, Denial: I'm gonna pretend this thread does not exist.

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Stage 2 – anger. Because I’m pissed off at Barmy for starting this thread in the first place.

OK, I’ll tell you guys what – I’ll do my part to keep this place going if you do.

Ah, who am I kidding; with game wiki’s and the like these days, sites like this don’t stand a chance – it’s hopeless.

Then again, what are y’gonna do? Nothing lasts forever.

18. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wow Splunge, you killed off the next four stages in one post. Now the rest of us can't hop on board that little motif started by MoN.

You know what you are? A Thread-Hog (Tm).

19. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    DRAHMA! :shake:

Quick, someone play 'My Way.'

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, dmc, you sound like you're back at Stage 2, so someone else can take it from there. :D

Seriously though, the message near the bottom of the main page currently says:
    Registered members who have visited the forum today: 32
    That's not an unusual number these days, but not too long ago, it would have typically been at least double that. Traffic definitely seems to be down. I blame Aldeth (for getting a new job where he doesn't have time to post from work).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.