1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Forum News (Jul. 05, 07)

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Jul 5, 2007.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's Dragon Age forum highlights, taken from the Dragon Age Official Forum. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

David Gaider, Lead Writer

YART

I'm all for romances having families --

-- in the downtime between adventures. Not during them. Such activities are, I think, best reserved for the "happily ever after".

OK, Female gamers, what kind of men do you like?

As for this particular topic -- what female gamers would like to see in their male romantic leads -- it's one that's of interest to me as I've gone elsewhere to find this info out in that past. Ladies of Neverwinter was a website that LdyShayna ran at one point where I went to ask some questions in order to develop the DA romance a bit, and what I found out then is not unlike what I'm seeing now. Most of you will not get your ideal romance, and chances are good there will be plenty about any given character you won't like. Can't be helped -- everyone has very specific ideas about what they find romantically appealing in a man, yet everyone's ideas are also pretty different. Sure, I can (and did) find a few commonalities amongst them -- but pretty much the only thing I came out of all that was not to retread the same ground as before (which I hadn't planned on, anyhow).

With any luck, I hope I can write something that's decent enough that, like imported_beer pointed out, it's enjoyable despite not being the perfect man.

Old screenshots, questions.

Well, as we said even when some people complained about the 1UP screenshots, those shots were made pretty early on without some graphical features even implemented yet. They gave a far better idea of what the game is going to look like than the E3 2004 shots, of course, but once we put up screenshots here on the website I think it would be a good idea that they look as good as we ourselves would expect them to be.

'Age' in Dragon Age

As has been mentioned, no -- there's no specific age for the player other then that they are relatively young. And this applies to them no matter their race: elves and dwarves age at roughly the same rate as humans do.

For NPC's it's quite easy -- if I think a mage is older and wiser or a warrior older and slower their stats can be adjusted accordingly. There is no "system" to them aging while in-game or anything like that. Really, the time span involved would make such a system unnecessary anyway.

more:

Yes, each origin story starts off with a particular "package" of bonuses and negatives that the character starts off with. And I say origin story because the package will vary slightly even within the same race.

more:

If DA covered a period where your character could actually age, we might consider having effects appropriate to aging. It doesn't. It also specifically starts you off at 1st level, which indicates someone at the beginning of their career and therefore "relatively young" as I said.

I suppose we could create a specific background where a character is older and yet somehow still only 1st level, if we really wanted to. We don't. We had to cut down on the number of backgrounds we had planned anyhow, and I'm not sure how much appeal an "older" background would have to start with.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.