1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by jesper898, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

SPOILERS
    Thanks for the help, but it turns out that my problem was that I got into programming mode for coolant maintainance routines instead of repair routines, and that didn't give me the option to put the part in the tray for the robot.

Also, the program works just fine if I give it "Shut Down the Main Coolant Valve" as the final command, which is what led me to believe I had to find some way of giving the part to the robot first. Could I possibly have accessed programming mode in the wrong way? I just stumbled on it by luck, and the way I got onto programming mode didn't seem particularly logical.

On another point is there any way to pass the citizenship test? I used the fake papers to smuggle a box of Mentats into the city and raised my intelligence to 10 and perception to 8, whereupon I got the option to say that the test was inadequate and could do with being revised, but still got the same failure response as when I tried with Intelligence 9 and perception 6 (I was told I was imperceptive). I know you get citizenship if you solve the problem with the Gecko reactor, but I just want to see the Proconsul's reaction when a "stupid outlander" passes his "impossible" test.

EDIT

I'm sorry this reads oddly. I figured out what I'd been doing wrong after I made the initial post and edited it in rather crudely

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited May 07, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited May 26, 2002).]

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Good thing you did continue to play with the coolant program because that's one of the ways to melt the plant down and destroy the whole town.

Interesting issue in reference to the test. I did the reactor quest to gain citizenship in Vault City because my stats were not high enough. It maybe a bug in the game because with a INT of 10 and Perception of 9 you should be able to pass the test.

3. yappie! Guest

Fallout 1 was very good.
    Fallout 2 wasn't as good, but still ok.
    Fallout Tactics was very good i thought, but it isn't an RPG.

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Having just played through both games, I can see how the atmosphere is different. It's understandable seeing as they're set a good few generations apart. What I'd like to see is a prequel, dealing with the immediate aftermath. Of course, without time for the various monsters to evolve, the high-tech weaponry and any real kind of social order to tie things together it probably wouldn't be worthy of the Fallout name. Good thing I'm not a game designer.

5. I think FOT was a great Strategy game but it can't be called a RPG. Multiplayer rocked for 2 months but I think it's worth the money.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.