1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Website Update/Gameplay Clip

Discussion in 'Torment: Tides of Numenera' started by Shardnax, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Shardnax Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

The ToN website has been updated, the pledge system changed (some prices increased), and they've uploaded a short gameplay video that can be found on their website or on Tubes.

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Behold

Imbedding so it can be viewed directly from BoM:

Was actually coming here to post this. Glad to see you beat me to the punch Shardnax. The game looks freaking fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    Bladezuez and Taluntain like this.
  3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Looking really good, even if a bit too clean and sterile for my tastes.

4. Shardnax Gems: 6/31

Veteran

I'm looking forward to it, it's nice that they still allow plunking money down on physical versions of the game instead of digital only.

The presentation or the graphics?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  6. Shardnax Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Still plenty of time for it to happen with ToN, it looks like the rendering improved before the after shots (the third one in particular). Did the NPC donation tier include beta or alpha access?

I missed this when I was making the post but, there's apparently another stretch goal for expanding on the Bloom:

Current Stretch Goal: $4.75M, George Ziets' The Gullet
    Raised: $4,633,845.56

7. Taluntain

Media:
    Beta I think? Not sure, I'll have to check.

8. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm pretty sure that level of polish is like one of the last things a developer will do. I just started playing the Wasteland 2 full game today, and things look way grittier than they did during the beta (and not that I need to point it out, but we're talking about the same developer).

TToN isn't even in full production mode yet, so there's plenty of time and opportunity to improve upon the visuals. inXile is earning a lot of respect points from me in recent months. I am expecting great things from TToN, just as I am seeing from WL2.

I sort of see them as Apple, and Obsidian as Microsoft. inXile seems willing to take more time and make more sacrifices to get things as close to perfect as possible, whereas Obsidian seems a bit more clinical, pushing to release stuff because the scheduled release date has arrived, not necessarily because the final product is truly ready.

I have mad respect for both developers, but if you ask me who is more likely to deliver a higher quality product, it's inXile hands down.

tarasis and Taluntain like this.
  9. tarasis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Marceror youve summed my thoughts up perfectly.

10. Shardnax Gems: 6/31

Veteran

I agree that inXile does seem more interested in delivering the best they can versus pushing it out the door 'on time' but, I can see why Obsidian wouldn't want to delay too much since people have already handed over their money.

Semi-offtopic:
    So much for that Apple quality :p.

11. Marceror

Media:
    To clarify, I was talking Apple with Steve Jobs at the helm.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.