1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jack Funk likes this.
  2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Any videos out there, Triactus? If not, maybe have somebody video it and put it on the YouTube (assuming that's not prohibited). I'm not a big theater fan, but some people here must be and it sounds like you're proud of the show.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Break a leg sweetie!

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Thanks guys. I feel much better now. Yesterday she came over, we talked things out and we decided that we're going to be very good friends instead :)

@Triactus, good luck mate (and keep your pants on) :p

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    chevy, nice to see you again. The land of the Hobbits is rather busy, in multiple flavours: frantic, and slowburn. But essentially I'm always busy, or supposed to be busy. Eze was rather lovely - a bit like her online persona, only more mature now. Also deadly honest.

ION, I got a C+ for a Japanese essay today. By far the worst grade I've ever received for anything. I hope it doesn't affect me too much for First Class Honours. :(

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Once long ago I learnt Perl but only ever wrote a couple of lines in it and forgot everything. ;)

Freelancing also is. They never find out when I get up at 1 p.m. :lol:

GL HF!

Thanks, and good to hear that. Busy is always good news, well, maybe except when it involves a pile of corporate paperwork. ;)

Aww... Was there a Match=1? Pass her my regards if you're still in touch! ;)

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Uh, no, no matchmaking happened. That would have been... strange. :p

Also I still had a gf at that point (she broke up with me when I got back from Europe, which is a shame, because I met some Interesting People while backpacking around Italy...)

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Nothing is quite as glorious as payday :)

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Cap'n CJ,
    naturally you're wrong and there is something ever more glorious: Paid leave.

Which I am currently enjoying :xx: I work on a pressure cooker project that will last for a couple months, and since one of my colleagues is on sick leave on grounds of presumed burnout currently, counter-intuitively, my boss gave me a day off per week (I still do my 40 hours), which amounts to a pay rise, to compensate me for the extra work, and to make sure I endure (it's still a bit of a sham, since I will have to do some attentive reading and planning for the next week over the long weekend, but I appreciate the gesture). She also gave me authority to press into work several off my colleagues which I will ruthlessly do when the necessity arises.

Arr! [​IMG] Shanghaiing! [​IMG] Arr!

Chev,
    welcome back, and I'm happy to learn you're a PERLer too. I use it for text extraction and manipulation at work. Mighty, and in my field of work, far mightier than a pen, or rather, keystrokes. Allows me to do more work in a couple days than some of my colleagues - creatures who, unfathomably, delight in unthinkingly doing dull, repetitive, indeed, tedious monkey work for long hours - manage to do in weeks. Without typos. Been there, done that - it drives me nuts. Life is too short to for that. My incentive to learn PERL was to leave that behind and do it better and faster.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Sorting out the electricity bill - when moving in the bill was put in my landladys' name so only just got the provider and numbers we needed.

Had to pay £100 deposit because I don't have a credit card, madness!

At least I get it back when I move out. *grumble*

11. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Thanks people! The premiere last night was actually pretty nice. I was happy with my performance. Especially the last few scenes where I think I nailed it pretty good. :D There was a few forgotten bits of text amongst the actors, but the four of us know the text pretty well so it's easier to pick it up (but maybe we know it too well... In a scene with a girl and me, she skipped half a page and I didn't even notice... lol). I only hope I'll not become over-confident for tonight. That's when trouble starts... :(

@ Gaear : I know my dad filmed bits of the show (dad will be dads... :p) but depending on the quality, I might put up something. The play is in french though.

@Morgoth : :lol: Funny you should mention that. The first scene after the mid-show break starts with a game of strip poker where I lose all the hands and get down to my underwear... hahaha :D What's even funnier is I have to setup my clothes because I have to quickly get back in them between two scenes, So when the mid-show break starts, I strip down and during the whole break I hang out with the other actors in my briefs like everything is normal... :lol:

12. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Are you familiar with the Putnam County 25th Annual Spelling Bee? It's a great play. I just hope you don't have the same problem as described in the song "My Unfortunate Erection"!

Here's the Lyrics!

CHIP
    (spoken) Fritos! M & M’s? Oreos. All for one dollar.
    (sung) It is tradition
    That the person eliminated
    From the competition
    Is fair game for derision
    Especially the alpha-male
    Will sell goodies at the bake sale

Anyone for brownies
    Anyone for chocolate chips
    Anyone for anything
    That isn’t dated
    How could I have been
    Eliminated?
    You wanna know how?
    You wanna know how?
    You wanna know why?

My unfortunate erection
    Is destroying my perfection
    It is my recollection
    That everything I once did
    I did perfectly
    (spoken) Last year’s champ defeated!
    (sung) Because of
    Marigold Coneybear
    Because there’s something and not a thing between us
    I don’t blame my brain but I do blame my penis

My unfortunate protuberance
    Seems to have its own exuberance
    Anyone for M & M’s?
    Delicious and appropriate
    Anyone for Chewy Goobers?
    Inexpensive
    Anyone for buying the **** that I’m selling?
    Because my stiffy has ruined my spelling

Erection
    Erection
    My unfortunate erection
    Whoa
    It’s ruining my life
    It’s ruining my world
    It’s ruining my
    Ruining
    Ruining
    Ruining my life
    My life

Adulthood brings its own peculiar rejection
    Which is why I’m selling this PTA
    Confection
    It will ruin your complexion
    All because of my unfortunate
    Erection
    Oh God!

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Oh Tria,
    I forgot - break a leg :)

---------- Added 0 hours, 7 minutes and 3 seconds later... ----------

PS: I am currently experimenting with the cocktail "Death in the afternoon" invented by Hemingway. Because I don't have Absinthe and don't want to use Champagne for experiments, I use Ouzo and Sekt instead. My first impression is that the drink is volatile.

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 43 seconds later... ----------

PPS: On drink #2 I can only confirm that. I'm getting loaded already.

14. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Knock em dead Tri-cactus! :)

ION - I recently googled Google. It wasn't a very interesting result.

15. Ben Snow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My internet and cell phone signals keep cutting out. I think my technology is trying to tell me to go back outside.

16. Triactus

Media:
    We did the last show last night... :( I'm happy with my overall performance in the three shows. Last night's first half was so so (I skipped two pages of text I think), but the second half was great.

It's a little sad because I was meeting the others three or four times a week for the past month and a half. We were really getting along great. Yes, we can still see each other, but it won't be as much. And the end is so final. After the last show, boom it's done...

Anyways, now I'll have to go back to being a lowly commoner... pffff... :1eye:

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sounds like you had a good experience :) Why not do another?

18. Triactus

Media:
    Yeah, I would like to. I'll keep an eye out for auditions to other plays. I also had a talk with the director and she said she's looking to redo it around Christmas time. That would be fun... :)

19. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Resident Evil 5 on my PS3 is driving me INSANE!!!! I need to do 1 level on professional made to complete the game and I just can't manage it GRRRRRRRRRR

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.