Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > D&D Games Forums > Icewind Dale

Notices

Icewind Dale For posts concerning Black Isle Studios' Icewind Dale and the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions. (Check out our IWD Online Walkthrough).

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Tue, 26th Dec '06, 6:08am   #1
Elfen Lied
The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

Location: The land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,735
Level: 13
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Elfen Lied is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Elfen Lied Send a message via MSN to Elfen Lied Send a message via Skype™ to Elfen Lied

any one know where ican get the Icewind Dale font?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/ELF3NLI3D/1.jpg
Elfen Lied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 26th Dec '06, 12:45pm   #2
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 299
Liked 182 Times in 115 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,158
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

There's no specific IWD font as far as I know; the logo text was probably drawn by hand.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 26th Dec '06, 7:39pm   #3
Elfen Lied

Location: The land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Send a message via AIM to Elfen Lied Send a message via MSN to Elfen Lied Send a message via Skype™ to Elfen Lied

thats what i was thinking, it just looks cool is all.
Old Wed, 27th Dec '06, 8:25pm   #4
Elfen Lied

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

think i know what it is.

it's very similar to the morpheus font (otherwise known as the World of Warcraft Font)
http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=morpheus
Elfen Lied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 28th Dec '06, 11:27pm   #5
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

Yes, Morpheus was definitely used as the base. I knew I had this font, I just couldn't remember the name. It's a relatively common font in fantasy games though, so it'd be hard to brand it as IWD-specific.

Old Fri, 29th Dec '06, 8:46am   #6
Elfen Lied

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

yeh lots of games seem to use, but i dont pla 'em much WOW uses it but i dont have WOW, it wasnt until i checked it by typing the letter 'N' that i realised i already had the font.

heya Taluntain you wouldnt happen to have the thorndale font would you? uh i think that is what the warcraft title font is
Old Fri, 29th Dec '06, 1:10pm   #7
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Nope... but Thorndale seems like a pretty standard serif font, so I don't think it's the one used in Warcraft.

Old Fri, 29th Dec '06, 6:36pm   #8
Elfen Lied

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

you are probably right.

I was on some other forums and thats what they said the font was. It didnt really look all that much like it, but its an ok font, trouble is everwhere i tried was a pay site, hence why i asked you if you had it.