1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Boring dungeons

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by jesper898, Nov 3, 2001.

1. jesper898 Guest

[​IMG] i woke up and checked the mailbox,finally got POR after waiting for it in 27 days,i opened it and put the cd on the drive,downloaded the 1.1patch and installed it on D,that i tried to install the 1.2 patch it was corrupted:(.After that i just thought who cares? and started the game.i arrived in myth drannor with my solo barbarian(hacked of course)and got mystras word and all the stuff that you can do outside.When i got into the dungeon i thought:man this looks like fun,it wasnt.
    ive been running around that damn dungen for a whole day,whenever i attack a monster i miss 97 times before a get a hit.

Barbarian:wow an orc!!
    Orc: hits
    Barb:miss
    orc:hit
    Barb:miss
    orc:hit
    Barb:wow i missed Whaddya know?
    anyone knows where i can find a walkthrough?

Btw i uninstalled IWD BG1 and BG2+expansions cause i thought i wasnt gonna play them cause i got POR.......FATAL MISTAKE!!!:(

[This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited November 03, 2001).]

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

There is a walkthrough here, in the Pool of Radiance section.

3. jesper898 Guest

ok thanks:)

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] The walkthrough available is not complete. And there is NO complete walkthrough anywhere on the net.

The problem is you can't write classical walkthrough - it is almost impossible to write down quests (which are rare at the game start).
    While waiting for my vision of the walkthrough (yes, I'm on it), post your questions here.

5. jesper898 Guest

ok cool extremist im looking forward to reading it:)
    how do you kill shadows and wraiths?

[This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited November 04, 2001).]

6. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The download for patch 1.2 probably wasn't corrupted, if you visit the offical website they have a work around that will make it run correctly.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

jasper, start those fights with wands and scrolls of Melf's Acid Arrow ;)
    Later, when your sorcerer levels up a bit, you can sell those. In the meantime this will make those nasty shadows to receive continuous damage.

One thing more - DO NOT waste potions of restoration if STR drained! Just sleep as much times as you were drained, i.e. if you lost 2 points of STR, rest twice. Game is not time limited, and each sleep will give back one point of drained STR.
    Potions of Restoration do save for possible leveldrained buddies. Later in the game your cleric will become capable of casting restoration by himself/herself.

8. jesper898 Guest

ok thanks time to go bust up some ghosts:D

9. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Wow Extreamist! You ARE the MAN!

I can't believe you are making a walkthrough for this game. I can't even make myself play it, and here you are not only playing it, but taking the time and effort to actually go out of your way to help others play it. I don't care what other people say about you. You have alwayes helped me out with problems and I salute you for it. Thanks Extreamist! I'm looking forward to reading your walkthrough!

10. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I must agree with Llandon. :)

Writing a walthrough for this game should be tough indeed for the dungeons are incredibly huge and the few quests are spread all over.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.