1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tasty Modules

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Barmy Army, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    After getting more and more frustrated with NWN2, I've decided to play the original again.

When I first got the game, I played through the original campaign (pretty boring, far too many drawn out dungeon crawls and that kind of pish). SO I don't think I'll be playing that again. I actually obtained the 2 add-ons, but never played them. Are they worth it? I've heard that a module called 'Darkness over Daggerford' (is that right?) is meant to be good, but I've not heard of any others.

Could someone draw out a list of the very best modules out there that I can add to my game?

I've got the whole of next week off work (a spare week before I start my new job) so I think I'll just be playing about with this all week.

2. edorien Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

the official expansions are better story/gameplay wise than the original, and darkness over daggerfall, is very good/ (but closer to baldurs gate than the rest (good thing)

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

[​IMG] Both Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark are way, way better than the OC. And having Deekin in your party is a riot.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is DoD free or one of those 'official' modules you have to cough up for?

5. Colthrun

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Barmy - I didn't realise you had never played Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark before. If that is the case, then you should. They are much better than the OC and HotU starts with a character about the same level of SoU finishes, so you can take a character through both and experience levelling up from 1 right through to about 30, which is good if you want to try out the high level benefits of prestige classes. Both expansions are miles better than the OC.

I am currently playing them for the 4th time (compared to the OC - once, BG - once, BGII - twice, IWD2 - six times) so clearly I think they are good enough to have some replay value.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Add another recommendation for Daggerford. Okay, there are some issues, but if you get the latest patch, you'll be fine. ;)

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I had never heard of this Daggerford thing before. Amazing how the crappiness of NWN2 has put the spotlight onto some of these NWN1 modules that nobody bothered with before.

9. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Me neither but I installed it a few days ago. So far so good its a refreshing BG like game. The graphics also seem better than NWN1 and by reading the other forums possibly NWN2 :p .

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  11. Harbourboy

Sorry. When I say I hadn't heard of it, I really mean to say "I haven't heard people here playing it and raving about it".

I value the opinions of people on these boards over the opinions of game reviewers or designers so would only look at a module like this if I started hearing BoM people talking about it on a regular basis.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    To find more good modules, use Colthrun's link and click on 'Top Rated' -- this give you a very large list of the fan-made modules that have been rated the best by other fans. The modules can be searched by what upgrades are installed (SOU, HoU, and CEP -- CEP is a compilation of fan-made improvements to NWN and is HUGE).

I've heard great things about the Shadowlord, Dreamcatcher and Demon campaign -- it takes a while to download though.

14. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Shadowlord and Dreamcatcher are old, but good. Sadly, they do not work well with the PRC Pack installed.

Other modules:

AL2 - Crimson Tides of Tethyr:
    Troops of the Sothsillian Empire attack Tethyr seemingly for no reason at all. Join the army, fight the horde and discover what is behind this assault.

AL3 - Tyrants of the Moonsea:
    Slaadi and Demons terrorize the lands surrounding the Moonsea. A new power group has summoned them, and both the Black Network and Hillsfar think the other is behind it. Try to stop the looming war which would cost thousands of lifes.

Almraiven:
    Something isn't right in Calimshans city of Almraiven. People vanish almost every day, and no one can imagine why and where. You are a minor wizard of a necromantic school who gets the mission to discover who or what is behind the events.
    (Arcane CSI-like gameplay. Use magic to secure evidence.)

Cormyrean Nights:
    You wake up in the jail in Marsember. You cannot remember why you are there. Heck, remembering your name is hard enough. Evidently you were robbed when drunk, but you've got the feeling that you have something to do in the city. Someone got to know more. But first, you got to earn some money.

A Hunt through the Dark 1-6:
    You were hired by a minor cleric of Lloth to serve as a scout for her warband on a mission to secure new slaves after Menzoberranzans fateful attack on Mithral Hall. But is her goal really to aquire new slaves? Or does she have another plan, something very daring and dangerous? It could be an opportunity for you to get free of drow society, or to get powerful enough to get rid of that pesky priestess.
    But try to keep your back to the walls. Someone might stick it with a knife or two.

15. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Caereena - Krakona Rising is my favourite...but that needs the expansion packs and its VERY advanced combat-oriented...so I dunno if you will like it...

Tale of A Mage series by Hugie is also very good. They're up on NWVault...look around...

16. Colthrun

I just started Darkness over Daggerford, and I'm very impressed with the quality of the work so far. This module seems like a good place to hone my rogue's abilities. :D

17. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Spend the $12 for Wyvern Crown of Cormyr - It's awesome!! I'm playing that while playing NWN2, and I'm trying to decide which one I like more!!

WCoC has a great story, excellent RP, and very cool NPC interactions. And since I play a paladin, ridable horses and the paladin's summoned mount make it even more enjoyable!!!

18. Colthrun

I've just finished Darkness over Daggerford. It's very, very good, although the whole module looks somehow designed for a ranger due to all the wilderness areas.

Can anyone recommend a good module for a rogue character?

19. Harbourboy

Sounds good. Now that I have my new PC, I will look to give these modules a go!

20. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.