1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Calling All Geriatrics

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Splunge, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When I joined SP a couple of weeks ago, I did so assuming that I was more or less alone on the high end of the membership age scale; that didn’t really bother me since the quality of the posts on the Boards indicated a maturity of members not necessarily reflective of their actual ages. Since joining, however, a number of recent posts have me wondering whether I really am such an anomaly, and thus the purpose of this poll. I know that similar threads have dealt with the age topic in the past, but I’m particularly interested in hearing from people over, say, 30. (This is not to say that the under-30 crowd isn’t welcome to participate.)

So, I’m an immature 43. How old are you?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 46 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Calling All Geriatrics (46 votes.)

Calling All Geriatrics (Choose 1)
    * Under 20 - 37% (17)
    * 20 to 29 - 28% (13)
    * 30 to 39 - 33% (15)
    * 40 to 49 - 2% (1)
    * 50 + - 0% (0)

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I am 32, going on 33, I'll spam this post for you. (to the tune of 16 going on 17 from Sound of Music)

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I'm 6 months away from singlehandedly redefining what it means to be 40. :roll: ;)

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    36 and counting . . .

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] turned 34 last month...The Horror!

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Man! These boards are filled by a bunch of old farts! Heh, just kidding. In about a day or two all the youngin's will have voted and anyone older than 30 will be a minority!

Oh, and I'm 18 and a half. :rolling:

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I am 21 years old.

How should I say this? People of elder age (is this acceptable? ;) ) are pretty common on these boards. And I'm thankfull for that. Often, they can give a whole new perspective on things.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Pretty young, 20.

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    23, going on 12 (or 50...depends on the day). :D

10. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

OMG

I'm not alone, at age 30 I thought I was a total freak of nature here on S.P. (please, no comments on the freak of nature thing)

No wonder Mat, Rallymama, DMC, and Sir Bel always strike a chord with me.

As for Kitrax, Faragon (yes, I spelled it right), chevalier, and of course the Rabbit of Death, you might be youngn's but I always value your words.

11. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

18. But my profile says I'm 59, Born June 6th 1944. :roll:

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I think I have some mixed feelings here.
    On the one hand, so far according to the poll, 10 people are 30 and over. That's 40% of the total (but probably not statistically valid).
    On the other hand, I'm the only one 40 +, so I’m still the oldest (I’m not sure whether that entitles me to respect or scorn); so Greenlion420, it appears that I may be the freak of nature. In any event, I’m still hoping a few more “old farts” (thanks a lot, Kitrax) will come out of the closet, so to speak.
    And Rallymama, October 23rd is marked on my calendar :)

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    @Splunge: My husband is registered but rarely posts. He's 44! :roll:

14. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm 16, one of the younger members. :)
    Going to 17 on November.

15. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

@Greenlion420: Thanks :) On both accounts ;)

16. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Turning 22 in September.

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

20 :eek: Heard that it's only downhill after this...

18. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ditto dmc.

19. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@ Faragon, anytime :thumb:

and Virne, i also thought that at 20. I was wrong.

20. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Virne, believe me, the fun starts when you hit your twenties :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.