1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A weapon to kill Kangaxx

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Dark Slayer, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I need a +4 or higher weapon to kill Kangaxx the Demi-Lich a.k.a the most annoying floating skull ever.
    Are there any to be found?

(DAMN!!! Why did I have to leave Keldorn and sell Carsomyr?!?!?!)

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Ribald sells Staff of Rynn+4 a quarrterstaff enchanted enough to hit Kangaxx! Go buy it!

3. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

All right. Thanks!

4. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The Staff of Magi if you have it hits as a +5 weapon. I don't recall if the mace of disruption hits him or not.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The Mace of Disruption +2 does hit him (not sure about the un-upgraded version). It's got only +2 THAC0, but its enchantment is +5.

If you've got to chapter 6, then the list of weapons that can harm Kangaxx suddenly skyrockets.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Weapons that I personally know will hit Kangaxx the Demi-Lich:

SotM +5
    Imp. MoD +2/hits as +5
    Flametongue +4 vs. undead
    Melf's Minute Meteors hits as +5
    Boneblade +4
    Staff of Rhynn +4
    Carsomyr +5
    Crom Faeyr +5
    Everard's sling +5

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The unimproved Mace of Disruption hits as a +4.
    Kangaxx has no protection against elemental damage, so the + 4Halberd you get in the underdark is a good bet.
    If you have the Item Upgrade mod, you can make the Celestial Fury +5 in Chapter 2.

8. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Any summon (even while using nonmagical weapons)should be able to hurt Kangaxx.

9. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

That +1/+4 vs. Giants Hammer from the DeArnise Keep hits him too.

10. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Cutthroat +4 works doesn't it?

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

It should. This was just the big list of what I tried and succeeded with. I'm fairly sure any +4 or better weapon will hit the Demi-Lich.

12. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

Thanks guys. I killed Kangaxx after using some protection from undead scrolls with the Staff of Rynn and Melf's minute meteors.

13. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

4 words:
    Ring...of...the...RAM!!!
    (if you pocket one you have two + little luck = near dead Kangaxx)

Trust me...

14. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Melfs Minute Meteors also works a treat, provided your mage has decent THAC0
    Daystar is also a lifesaver.

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

MMM suck hard against Kangaxx as mages generally do not have THAC0 enough to hit a floating skull, and if they even manage to hit, Kangaxx regenerates so quickly they can not do any damage virtually. Even 3-4 mages, all hasted and Tenser's transformationed, attacks with MMM, I suspect that they still may not kill Kangaxx. :( And once they run out of MMMs, they can not cast anything and they are horribly screwed unless they have SoM, or Rynn's Staff+4 to whack at the skull for little effect indeed.

PS: [snip], but this is SoA forum so I would rather not mention these. :p [Then don't and save the mods the effort of editing your post :) ] -dmc

[ November 28, 2005, 16:24: Message edited by: dmc ]

16. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Daystar doesn't work against Kangaxx unless you have the Consistent +x/+y component from G3 Tweaks installed.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I only use Daystar for a double whammy of Sunray - one from Anomen and one from the sword.

18. Coconut_Crab Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I summoned a fire elemental and arial servant and put Protection from Magic on them, and I won without doing anything else :)

19. jA Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@Silverstar
    MMM rulz!
    I have killed that annoying skull whit MMM!
    I was F/M/T..whit no use any item yet...

20. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Oops sorry DMC I didn't mean any trouble! :o

@JA
    Well in your F/M/T's hands MMMs may rule but my C/M with 8 DEX and 8 STR and a lousy THAC0 to begin with just could not hit a simple flying skull most of the time. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.