1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Robert Jordan poems

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by ShadowDaemon, Jan 27, 2002.

1. ShadowDaemon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I fancy myself, (amongst many more varied and interesting things) a poet!!!

In book 6, I think, in the Wheel of Time series, Mat remembers a song about trust and death, but he only remembers two verses of a five verse song! Bugged me! so I finished it

WoT enthusisits tell me what you think?

"Give me your trust", said the Aes Sedai,
    "For on my shoulders rests the sky."
    "Trust me to judge and to reign and to rule,"
    "And no man will think you a fool."

But trust is the color of life's blood flowing.
    Trust is the color of a dark seed growing.
    Trust is the color of a souls last breath.
    Trust is the color of death.

"Give me your trust", said the queen on her throne.
    "For I bear the burden all alone."
    "Trust me to know and to do what is best,"
    "And I will take care of the rest."

But trust is the sound of betrayal in the dark.
    Trust is the sound of a grave dogs bark.
    Trust is the sound of a souls last breath.
    Trust is the sound of death.

"Give us your trust", said the Lady and Lord,
    "For we shall protect you by fire and sword."
    "Trust us to see you through the night,"
    "And we shall do what is right."

But trust is the pain of assassin's knives.
    Trust is the pain of a thousand lives.
    Trust is the pain of a souls last breath.
    Trust is the pain of death.

"Give me your trust", said your life long friend,
    "For I'll be with you until the end."
    "Trust me with secrets, partial and whole,"
    "And I'll never tell a soul."

But trust is the scent of coming doom.
    Trust is the scent of an open tomb.
    Trust is the scent of a souls last breath.
    Trust is the scent of death.

"Give me your trust", said the love of your life,
    "For I am your one and only wife."
    "Tust me to love and to listen and care,"
    "And I will alwase be there."

But trust is the taste of rising fear.
    Trust is the taste of an evil near.
    Trust is the taste of a souls last breath.
    Trust is the taste of death.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Not bad, but we have a special forum for such surges of creativity, so I'm moving it there. ;)

3. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Great work ShadowDaemon, I personally like the refrence to the assians knife. No better game than the game of the houses :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.