Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > D&D Games Forums > Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn

Notices

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn For posts concerning the second part of the Baldur's Gate saga without the Throne of Bhaal expansion installed. (Check out our BG2 Online Walkthrough). Posting anything ToB-related should not be done in this forum. If you start a thread with ToB content, it will be moved to our ToB forum.
NOTE: If you have installed the BG1Tutu or BG Trilogy mods, or intend to play with them installed, you should be posting in our ToB forum!

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Tue, 22nd May '01, 6:35am   #1
Flygar
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 500
Level: 8
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Flygar is on a distinguished road

In the slums, this guy appears, yells out that his name is Habib Khalid Achmed Allafif, and that he won't be captured. He then throws a scimitar at me! Any idea what this guy is about? Is it just one of those weird things in the game, or what?
Flygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 22nd May '01, 7:14am   #2
Earl Grey
Mmm... hot tea!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,912
Level: 21
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Earl Grey is on a distinguished road

Yep! Just something weird like Neeber/Noober.
Earl Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 22nd May '01, 7:55am   #3
Cerryl
Gems: 9/31
Latest gem: Iol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,298
Level: 12
vBActivity - Bars
Cerryl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cerryl

I think he's also the guy who throws money at you when you enter the church in waukeen's promenade. You learn a bit of his story from the priest who is there.
Cerryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 22nd May '01, 9:07am   #4
Ragusa
Eternal Halfling Paladin

Like: 5
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 25,554
Level: 43
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryThe Popular OneParty of FiveThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!
Ragusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond repute

My party killed him, accidentally I want to point out ... they have a pretty heavy punch and Habib wasn´t made to survive *multiple* critical hits. Nothing was left of him <shakehead>

No rep-loss however
Ragusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 22nd May '01, 10:04am   #5
Da Punisher
Gems: 12/31
Latest gem: Moonstone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,544
Level: 13
vBActivity - Bars
Da Punisher is on a distinguished road

that's the coolest guy there is in BG2.
Man did I have fun when he threw that money at me in the church.
And ofcourse when he throws his scimitar and then says " o, that usually works"...
Real cool...!
Da Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 22nd May '01, 10:47am   #6
Capstone
Gems: 16/31
Latest gem: Shandon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 2,357
Level: 15
vBActivity - Bars
Capstone is on a distinguished road

When I met the fellow in the church, I had just asked the priest to raise a friend of mine. It may have been Keldorn, but I'm not sure. No sooner did he raise him then Habib came rushing in, chunked his money, and promptly killed him. I did not realize this was unintentional; I attempted to give chase but quickly lost him. When I asked the priest about it, the priest said "Oh please forgive him, he does that from time to time." I jumped to conclusions; this was a temple dedicated to a strange god; I thot the priest was in cahoots with this man to take my gold from me by making me pay for yet another Raise Dead. My Berserker heritage manifested itself, and I slew the priests. It was not until considerably later that I found out it was only a misfortunate accident... so easily are lives spent in this great city. I spent many hours in solitary penance, but never has the weight of that deed been lifted from my soul.
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 22nd May '01, 8:34pm   #7
L'Israe
Gems: 2/31
Latest gem: Fire Agate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 571
Level: 8
vBActivity - Bars
L'Israe is on a distinguished road

The official BG2 website held a competition ages ago and, if I remember correctly, the 'Habib' guy was the winner, so his character (Habib) got put into the game!

Makes you wish you'd entered, doesn't it...
L'Israe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 22nd May '01, 8:53pm   #8
Extremist Points for Referrals
Gems: 31/31
Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 9,575
Level: 29
vBActivity - Bars
Extremist is on a distinguished road

You just forced me not to send my librarian guy on NWN NPC contest. If they put chars like that in the game...

Thanx!
Extremist is offline   Reply With Quote