|Icewind Dale 2 For posts concerning Black Isle Studios' sequel to Icewind Dale. (Check out our IWD2 Walkthroughs).|
|Tue, 5th Feb '02, 8:07pm||#1|
Hello there, this is my first post on this board.
Now my question, does anyone know the advanteges and disadvanteges of those new kits?
And can someone tell me wich kits are left out, I heard the Beastmaster and Undead hunter are.
|Tue, 5th Feb '02, 9:22pm||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Cori Celesti
Blog Entries: 13
Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
Well the info about all of them is not known yet, they're still testing them and changing.
This was posted on the official boards:
Figher kits: Here are the current kits. QA doesn't like the Mercenary so much right now, so he may change.
KENSAI: This class is also known as the 'sword saint', a warrior who has been specially trained to be one with his or her sword. They are deadly and fast and are trained to fight without encumbrance.
* Bonus +1 to Hit and Damage /3 levels.
* -2 bonus to AC.
* -1 bonus to Speed Factor for every 4 levels.
* May use 'Kai' ability one time per day for every 4 levels: this ability lasts 10 seconds and makes all attacks do maximum damage.
* May not use missile weapons.
* May not wear armor.
MERCENARY: Mercenaries are soldiers who sell their services to the highest bidder. Traveling great distances in harsh conditions for coin and fame, the mercenary is a man or woman who must master a variety of weapons and styles to satisfy his or her employer's needs.
* Two extra proficiency slots at 1st level.
* One extra proficiency slot at 6th level.
* Carry weight increased by 50%.
* Unable to start with Weapon Specialization.
* Unable to achieve Grand Mastery in a weapon.
WIZARD SLAYER: This warrior has been specially trained by his sect to excel in hunting and attacking spellcasters of all kinds.
* Each hit on opponent spellcaster increases the chance of spell disruption by 5%.
* Gains 1% magic resistance each level.
* +4 to Hit and Damage vs. Wizards and Sorcerers.
* May not use any magic items except for weapons and armor.
ARCANE ROGUE: Combining the skills of a rogue with minor magical powers, the arcane rogue is a potent scout and decoy. The arcane rogue focuses less time on lethal combat than his or her fellow rogues.
* +10% to Use Magic Device.
* 5th level: Invisibility 1/day.
* 9th level: Improved Invisibility 1/day.
* 11th level: Dimension Door 1/day.
* 15th level, Shades 1/day.
* -10% on all rogue skills except Use Magic Device.
* No backstab or crippling strike.
ASSASSIN: This is a killer trained in discreet and efficient murder, thriving on anonymity and surprise to perform his or her tasks.
* May coat weapon in poison once per day per 4 levels. The next hit with that weapon will inject the poison into the target, dealing out 6 damage every 6 seconds for 30 seconds. A saving throw vs. poison limits damage to 6 total. The strength of the poison increases at 10th level. At 20th level, it also slows targets.
* +1 to Hit and Damage.
* Only 15% per level to distribute on skills.
SWASHBUCKLER: This rogue is part acrobat, part swordsman and part wit... the epitome of charm and grace. A swashbuckler fights with dramatic flair and deadly precision. Due a swashbuckler's healthy sense of pride, they do not deign to learn the roguish talent of backstabbing.
* -1 to AC/5 levels.
* +1 to Hit and Damage/5 levels.
* May specialize in any weapons available to thieves.
* No backstab, sneak attack, or crippling strike.
|Tue, 5th Feb '02, 10:43pm||#3|
Latest gem: Andar
That has a general description of the kits.
Fighters replace Beserker with Mercenary.
Paladins replace Undead Hunter with Votary.
Rangers replace Beast Master with Giant Killer.
Clerics are all different and all lose the ability to turn undead.
Druids replace Totemic Druid with Aes Dana.
Thiefs replace Bounty Hunter with Arcane Rogue.
Bards replace Jester with RiddleMaster.
Just looking at that I'd say undead better not be a common enemy or the lack of Undead Hunter and specialty clerics not turning undead will really suck. And reading the detailed descriptions Taluntain posted looks like there are new/different thief abilities (Use Magic Device?). I'm still puzzeled why they didn't keep all the old kits (maybe slightly tweeked) and just add new ones.