Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > General Gaming Forums > The Forum of Holding > Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series

Notices

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series For posts concerning BioWare & Obsidian's Knights of the Old Republic games, including The Old Republic (SWTOR) MMORPG.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Wed, 29th Dec '04, 1:21pm   #1
Enagonios
Gems: 31/31
Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Like: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 13,870
Level: 34
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Enagonios will become famous soon enough

I decided to go ahead and get it and it installed without a hitch. But now it wont run. Every time I insert the play disc and the menu comes up and I click on "Game", a picture of a space ship appears and the mouse changes shape as if it's about to load the game and then... nothing. What gives? Has anyone else had or heard of this problem? Thanks to anyone that can help me out.
Enagonios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 29th Dec '04, 1:32pm   #2
Drugar
And now... we wait!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,036
Level: 11
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Drugar has a spectacular aura aboutDrugar has a spectacular aura about

Do you have the latest patch installed? Do you get an error message?
Drugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 29th Dec '04, 3:32pm   #3
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 249
Liked 168 Times in 106 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 53,801
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Wanna ShareJunior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryThe Popular One
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

This is a SecuROM issue (oh, don't we love copy protection). If you have a legit version of the game, I believe this check was disabled in the latest patch, as it affected a signicant number of customers. So go download the latest patch first. If you have a warez copy, then I can't help you any further anyway.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 29th Dec '04, 6:53pm   #4
joacqin
Confused Jerk

Like: 8
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 14,171
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryParty of FiveThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
joacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant future

I had a similar problem and I had a legit copy, disabling the movies helped me a little.

I had a friend who had a illegit copy and he made his work after some problem, dont remember exactly what he did though.

Either way so do Tal have a point about copy protection, it really only bothers those who have a legit copy while the ones who use warez get a crack after a week or so.
joacqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 29th Dec '04, 8:36pm   #5
Eric Xanthus
Gems: 10/31
Latest gem: Zircon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,126
Level: 11
vBActivity - Bars
Eric Xanthus is on a distinguished road

Jus to chime in on this, you can run into the same problem if you try to play the game through your DVD+Rewritable drive. In a stupor I did this when I first installed--I really have no defense other than fatigue. Just another thought.
Eric Xanthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 30th Dec '04, 4:20am   #6
Enagonios
Gems: 31/31
Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 13,870
vBActivity - Bars
Enagonios will become famous soon enough

Quote:
you can run into the same problem if you try to play the game through your DVD+Rewritable drive.
ah, it may've been this. lemme try again and i'll get back to you guys, thanks.