1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kangaxx imprisonment spell

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tronak el Karbaro, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Apart from a protection from magic scroll and the berserker ability, is there any way to avoid being imprisoned by Kangaxx?

2. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Protection from Undead Scroll, this way he cannot even see you. There are many many ways to trick him.

3. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Spell immunity...whatever school imprisonment belongs to works fine for a mage. Protection from undead totally prevents Kangaxx from targetting the protected character. Spell trap and several other spell absorbing/deflecting seplls also work. IIRC the Slayer is also immune to this imprisonment.

4. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

So in theory you could equip one character with a +4 weapon, use a prot. from undead and just twack him down without any proplems at all?

5. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Except for his nasty regenerative abilities.

Use the Improved MoD and he'll likely be dead in 3 hits though.

6. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

If you have a wizard who has Spell Immunity spell, use it. Choose Spell Immunity: Abjuration. You can certainly apply the following trick while using Protection from Magic or Berserk.
    Kangaxx the Demi-Lich will keep trying to imprison your protected character. Stand close to Kangaxx with this character, and summon Air or Fire Elementals with your druid for example (who is far away from the Demilich), and attack the Demilich from the back with the summoned creatures. If you are lucky enough (it always worked for me), Kangaxx won't turn back and imprison the elemental but will keep taking relatively high damage and die soon! (Before your protection ends)

7. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Spell Trap or any other Deflect or Reflect Magic spell will stop Imprisonment.

9. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

That 50 ways was awsome, (I finished reading as the music ended!!). I usually send a berserker against him, (yes only one), and kill him as a lich, which isn't hard when you're two mages have pierce magic spells and dispels ready! Soon as he becomes a demi-lich I summon genies and and go berserk, he usually dies even when I don't summon genies, (magic missile ROCKS).

10. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

Magic Missile shouldn't touch Kangaxx as he's immune to spells of level 1-9.

11. Baronius

The only problem with this is that even the best, the Spell Trap will disappear after consuming 4 Imprisonments. That is why static protections are better in my opinion.

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31

True, but if you can't kill Kangaxx in the four rounds that the Spell Trap lasts, then your party is really pathetic.

13. Baronius

Your comment is logical. When having a big party (5-6 characters), and one of your wizards has Spell Trap, then all your characters must be at high-level. So it is not a problem to kill Kangaxx. But my wizard usually uses Spell Immunity: Abjuration against Imprisonments which is more comfortable than Spell Trap. And anyway, I play for fun, not speed. If I kill Kangaxx in 15 rounds and I enjoy the battle, then it's much better.

14. khaavern Gems: 14/31

Spell immunity:Abjuration worked for me. However, I found it strange that the demilich did not try to take it down. He just sat there casting imprisonment over and over. I guess he was a little slow-brained after all those years in the tomb :)

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31

No, the only spells he has are Demilich Howl and Banishment (Imprisonment).

16. Baronius

The lich in Underdark, in Drow City has Banishment. Kangaxx uses innate Imprisonment (with scripting name DEMILICH_TRAP_SOUL).

17. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] I was speaking to myself: "One, two, three, ahaa - he is demilich, my torments are over" and in the next very moment - "uuuuuuurhm, guys? Guys? WHERE ARE YOU?! GUUUUUUUYS?!"

Reload... :) :D :p

18. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You could also just transform into the slayer once he turns into demilich form. That's how I always kill him.

19. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I usually try to kill him before heading to Spellhold, thus getting the nice little Ring of Gaxx as soon as possible. Of course, this means the added problem of not being able to take the easy way out and turn into the Slayer but, hey, it adds challenge to the game.

20. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I don't agree, getting this great ring before picking Imoen up removes challenge. It is a cheesy ring. No matter how "glorious" the battle was. With the mace of disruption, he's killed in one blow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.