Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > Site-related Forums > Sorcerous Sundries

Notices

Sorcerous Sundries For posts dealing exclusively with Sorcerer's Place, Boards o' Magick and their specific residents. If you have any questions or comments about the site, chatrooms or boards, post them all here. Hello's and goodbye's also go here.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Fri, 28th Jul '06, 1:28pm   #201
Fly2tHeSkY
Southern Comfort

Crazy Cars Champion! KABOOM! Champion! MindReader Champion! Monkey Cliff Diving Champion!
Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,554
Level: 21
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Fly2tHeSkY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Fly2tHeSkY

I think there's some better dialogue when you come back from the warrens ..
Fly2tHeSkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, 28th Jul '06, 1:30pm   #202
Colthrun
Walk first in the forest and last in the bog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,239
Level: 20
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Colthrun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Colthrun

I'll let you know when I finish them
Old Thu, 3rd Aug '06, 1:58am   #203
Shaitan
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,401
Level: 18
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Shaitan has disabled reputation

/ me want's to be a grumpy dwarf
Shaitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, 4th Aug '06, 7:37am   #204
Fly2tHeSkY
Southern Comfort

Crazy Cars Champion! KABOOM! Champion! MindReader Champion! Monkey Cliff Diving Champion!
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Elfy ...
Old Wed, 16th Aug '06, 11:03pm   #205
Felinoid
SPS Account Holder
Who did the what now?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 15,827
Level: 36
vBActivity - Bars
Felinoid is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Felinoid

I think a better caption for this one might've been, "Ya don't say!"

And TBH, I found the 'startled by a stick' thing a bit funnier than the axe-murderer thing.
Felinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 17th Aug '06, 4:57am   #206
Brallrock
Chaos, mayhem, my work here is done!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,709
Level: 19
vBActivity - Bars
Brallrock is on a distinguished road

How did you get the chicken to talk to you? I have tried to talk with animals and only gotten animal sounds.

I thought that both were pretty darn funny!
Brallrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 17th Aug '06, 11:02am   #207
The Magpie
Balance, in all things

Like: 2
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,068
Level: 22
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
The Magpie has a spectacular aura aboutThe Magpie has a spectacular aura about

You can talk with animals in SoU/HotU if your character has Ranger or Druid levels. Ranks in Animal Empathy aren't required, just levels in the relevant classes.

The extra interaction with the furry ones is the main reason why I reckon the Range is the best class to play through SoU chapter 1 as; you get a lot of animals to charm, as well as a couple of bonus items. Chapter 1 is probably why I rate SoU so highly, actually, as its setting realises the benefits of Ranger-hood over being a straight Fighter.
The Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 17th Aug '06, 3:04pm   #208
kuemper
I'm gonna eat your soul!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 19,665
Level: 39
vBActivity - Bars
kuemper is on a distinguished road

My favorite is still:

The chicken insists the farmer is systematically stealing her young.

kuemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 2nd Sep '06, 6:32am   #209
Harbourboy
Take thy form from off my door!

Like: 65
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 28,384
Level: 45
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Party of FiveNew DeliveryThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Harbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to behold

Nice one, Silvershield. Plus you're using the same portrait that I'm using for Disciple of the Watch.
Harbourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 7th Sep '06, 9:04am   #210
Fly2tHeSkY
Southern Comfort

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Hehe, I'm loving this character atm, plus I'm playing the 'fake' HoF, so monsters galoooore
Old Wed, 4th Oct '06, 1:39am   #211
Harbourboy

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Party of FiveNew DeliveryThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Harbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to behold

I don't understand this week's screenshot. Something about a shield and some beholders.
Old Wed, 4th Oct '06, 2:39am   #212
Celesialraven
Gems: 11/31
Latest gem: Bloodstone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,253
Level: 12
vBActivity - Bars
Celesialraven is on a distinguished road

I assume it has to do with the character using the shield of... (the one that reflects beholder rays, is it Balduron?). You can tell because the char is at full health even though he's being swarmed by beholders. Basically, think of the "shield? what shield?" line being said with an overly innocent tone of voice.

That or he's just plastered with spells...

[ October 04, 2006, 02:54: Message edited by: Celesialraven ]
Celesialraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 4th Oct '06, 3:00am   #213
Marceror Points for Thread Ratings Given
SPS Account Holder
Editor
Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps

Like: 28
Liked 102 Times in 83 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 6,097
Level: 24
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Three's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!Posting GodNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Marceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud of

I would have to agree with the Shield of Balduran assessment. That was my immediate thought when I saw this. There is no other way a character could stand in front of 10+ beholders and seemingly be unscathed.
Old Wed, 4th Oct '06, 3:18am   #214
Felinoid
SPS Account Holder
Who did the what now?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

And if you'll notice, some of those rays are going the wrong way. It's clearly the SoB.
Old Wed, 4th Oct '06, 5:10am   #215
Fly2tHeSkY
Southern Comfort

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Also known as, the Shield of Cheese
Old Sat, 7th Oct '06, 8:12am   #216
khaavern

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 2,003
Level: 14
vBActivity - Bars
khaavern is on a distinguished road

This TOEE screenshot looks kind of cool. Is the game any good?
khaavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 7th Oct '06, 2:26pm   #217
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 247
Liked 168 Times in 106 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 53,801
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Wanna ShareJunior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryThe Popular One
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

Supposedly yes, though very buggy. Luckily the fan community is still patching the game.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 7th Oct '06, 7:11pm   #218
chevalier Points (Total)
SPS Account Holder
Senior News Editor

Like: 2
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 62,787
Level: 62
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryEverybody Loves Me!The Popular OneParty of FiveThree's a Crowd
chevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nice

There is an NWN module with the ToEE adventure, too. Don't know if it's any good, though.

I liked the game, despite the bugs even, until I met enemies I couldn't possibly defeat with quite a powerful and well-composed party. As I'm not a fan of 100 reloads per battle or restarting with a min-maxed team to conquer stuff all over again, I stopped playing at that point. Screw Belsonirg, Belsornig or whatever his name was.
chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 7th Oct '06, 7:34pm   #219
SPS Account Holder
Editor

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Three's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!Posting GodNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Marceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud of

In my opinion, ToEE with the Co8 fanmade patch/modpack is an excellent D&D v3.5 CRPG.

It's still a little buggy, even with all the patches, but just make sure to keep a good history of savegames as you go and you should be fine.
Old Tue, 10th Oct '06, 2:12am   #220
Harbourboy

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

I don't get this week's screenshot either. What is the joke with this one from ToEE?
Old Tue, 10th Oct '06, 2:22am   #221
SPS Account Holder
Editor

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

It is an evil party killing a particularly good NPC in cold blood--there is absolutely no reason that anyone needs to do battle with this NPC. So this screenshot is nothing more than a glorification of senseless murder!

Good fun!
Old Tue, 10th Oct '06, 2:27am   #222
Harbourboy

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

I see. I've never played the game so I missed that vital point.
Old Thu, 26th Oct '06, 5:39pm   #223
Fly2tHeSkY
Southern Comfort

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Is it just me or has this screenshot been up for awhile ...
Old Thu, 26th Oct '06, 6:40pm   #224
SPS Account Holder
Editor

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Perhaps the mods really want to give the glorification of murdering Lawful Good NPCs its day (err, month) in the sun!!!

Or maybe no interesting alternatives have been submitted recently.

Or perhaps folks are just too busy and haven't gotten around to changing it.
Old Thu, 26th Oct '06, 8:16pm   #225
Felinoid
SPS Account Holder
Who did the what now?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

I'll take door number three, Chuck! If you've been following the SPH, Tal is quite busy at the moment, and just hasn't had time to change it.

EDIT:
Alternate answer...Oh look, a new one!

[ October 26, 2006, 20:28: Message edited by: Felinoid ]