|Sorcerous Sundries For posts dealing exclusively with Sorcerer's Place, Boards o' Magick and their specific residents. If you have any questions or comments about the site, chatrooms or boards, post them all here. Hello's and goodbye's also go here.|
|Tue, 5th Sep '06, 7:01pm||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Cori Celesti
Blog Entries: 13
Liked 124 Times in 80 Posts
And we just happen to be one or two short. While chev has always been doing a great job with the front page news, he'll be going abroad soon and he'll be able to post news less frequently, so I'm looking for someone who will be able to post the news on a daily basis.
News Editors post all sorts of news about the games covered on SP (and related issues), such as reviews, interviews, screenshots etc., directly to the front page of Sorcerer's Place.
When you post something on Sorcerer's Place, you can be sure that your work will be noticed by thousands visiting us daily. Being a member of the SP team also gives you unlimited bragging rights since you can point at SP and tell your friends that you're one of the people making it tick! Certain more demanding positions on SP also bring along with them a lifetime SPS account completely free of charge, and/or some nice extra perks.
The requirements for anyone wanting to apply for the News Editor position are:
- You should be a native speaker of English or equivalent in skill. Good grammar, spelling and no |33t-style writing go without saying.
- Miranda, ICQ or MSN IM installed & used daily.
- 30 minutes up to 1 hour of free time DAILY to dedicate to the job. When you get the hang of it you'll be able to do it in less time, but it doesn't start that easy. So unless you are COMPLETELY sure you have the necessary TIME and DEDICATION to do this every day, please do not apply.
- Actual interest in what you will be doing. If you think you will be able to do this every day even if you're not interested in it, forget it. Only apply if what you want to report on actually interests you.
- Full tutoring on how to post news (it's easy), and where and how to obtain the news you want to post. No special knowledge is required.
- Your own page in the About Us subsection of SP.
- Instant recognition on the forums via the News Staff title and a custom avatar/portrait + title of your choice.
- Your own whatever/at\sorcerers.net mail alias.
- Voice status in the chatroom.
- Eventual promotion to full-time SP team member status, with extra perks.
- Initial trial period while we evaluate your performance and dedication (about 1 month). You will not be able to enjoy the benefits that come with the job until after we are reasonably sure that our time invested in training you has not been wasted.
We'll also be keeping an eye out to make sure that you don't start slacking as soon as you get the above benefits, or disappear off the scene for one reason or another. In the past we've unfortunately had to deal with way, way too many excuses like: longer trips abroad, too much homework, not enough time because of the busy job schedule, bad Internet connection etc. If you foresee any of that in your life in the next few months, please don't apply.
- If you are looking only for personal benefits, look elsewhere. Being a news editor is hard work and very much appreciated by the community and me, but unless you do this for fun AND because you want to do your share for the benefit of the whole SP, please don't apply.
This about covers it. Those who are interested in the position can contact me via PM with a short bio, and explain why they would like to be on the SP news team.