Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > Site-related Forums > Sorcerous Sundries

Notices

Sorcerous Sundries For posts dealing exclusively with Sorcerer's Place, Boards o' Magick and their specific residents. If you have any questions or comments about the site, chatrooms or boards, post them all here. Hello's and goodbye's also go here.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Thu, 1st Jul '10, 7:55pm   #76
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 300
Liked 183 Times in 116 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,169
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

I think we about break even every month if I put all the advertising income together. The problem is, it can vary as much as 30% from month to month, so there are better and worse months. We used to be better off before the recession because donations helped quite a bit too. But in the last 3 years, donations have pretty much dried up - they're maybe 20% of what they used to be before, which is a real problem.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, 2nd Jul '10, 6:52am   #77
Splunge
SPS Account Holder
Bhaal’s financial advisor

Location: In hiding after Bhaal became Lord of Murder when I had him put everything into subprime mortgages.
Like: 22
Liked 111 Times in 78 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 16,456
Level: 36
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Splunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot View Post
BWL - meaning Black Wyrm Lair? That's now a pay for viewing site???
I don't want to derail this thread, so I'll just answer with a simple "yes".
Old Thu, 28th Apr '11, 2:26am   #78
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

A big THANK-YOU goes to olimikrig for his generous donation!

Old Thu, 28th Apr '11, 9:53am   #79
Harbourboy
Take thy form from off my door!

Like: 66
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 28,423
Level: 45
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Party of FiveNew DeliveryThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Harbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to behold

Hooray!!
Harbourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 30th Apr '11, 9:14pm   #80
Montresor
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
Online Walkthrough Writer
Mostly Harmless

30k Starfighter Champion! Bomb Bandits Champion! Breakout Champion! Cutie Quake Champion! Driller Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Michu Champion! Treasure Hunt Champion! Driving Mad Champion! Moebius Syndrome Champion!
Like: 97
Liked 88 Times in 53 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 8,208
Level: 27
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieParty of FiveThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!New Delivery
Montresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud of

Thanks, olimikrig!
Old Wed, 7th Mar '12, 4:13am   #81
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Just as he was the only Member of the Week last year, olimikrig has repeated the feat this year with another generous donation. Thank you, olimikrig!

Old Sat, 10th Mar '12, 8:38pm   #82
Merlanni
SPS Account Holder

Like: 32
Liked 16 Times in 15 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,404
Level: 22
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnPosting GodNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
Merlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the rough

Dire days.
Merlanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, 25th May '12, 1:23am   #83
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Wow. Olimikrig's now the Member of the Week for the third time in a row, and his combined donations over the years have earned him the Distinguished Member permanent golden title.

There are only a handful of people who have supported Sorcerer's Place monetarily to such an extent and none except oli in the last few years, so I'm very thankful to him. Donations are a big help in keeping the monthly costs in check and since the beginning of the recession, they've diminished to less than 5% of what they used to be. Every donation today is consequently appreciated and needed that much more. So please join me in thanking olimikrig for his generosity!

Old Fri, 25th May '12, 1:42am   #84
Master of Nuhn
SPS Account Holder
Wear it like a crown

Like: 139
Liked 72 Times in 52 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 9,138
Level: 28
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieThe Popular OneNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Master of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you, Oli! I couldn't post without you!
Old Sun, 3rd Jun '12, 1:45am   #86
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Sir Belisarius is our latest Member of the Week. Bel's been in the spotlight several times before, but this time it's my way of giving kudos for all the years that he's been helping me run the financial side of SP - his contribution was simply exceptional.

Old Sun, 3rd Jun '12, 3:42am   #88
Harbourboy

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Party of FiveNew DeliveryThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Harbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to behold

Hooray for Sir B and belatedly for Oli.
Old Sun, 10th Jun '12, 6:56pm   #89
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Montresor (again) joins the ranks of especially deserving members. As you can read in the first post, Monty has been instrumental in getting a boatload of new content up on SP for the reading enjoyment of all, so I can only hope that he'll continue to be available to help out in the future as well.

Old Fri, 15th Jun '12, 11:00pm   #91
Montresor
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
Online Walkthrough Writer
Mostly Harmless

30k Starfighter Champion! Bomb Bandits Champion! Breakout Champion! Cutie Quake Champion! Driller Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Michu Champion! Treasure Hunt Champion! Driving Mad Champion! Moebius Syndrome Champion!
Like: 97
Liked 88 Times in 53 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 8,208
Level: 27
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieParty of FiveThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!New Delivery
Montresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud of

Hey, thanks!

Likes (1):
Montresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 9th Dec '12, 3:33am   #92
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Congrats to Monty on his shiny new Distinguished Member title!

Old Sun, 30th Dec '12, 5:06am   #93
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

T2Bruno's in the spotlight for a week!

Old Sat, 19th Jan '13, 1:30am   #94
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

We've got a Member of the Week special this week - 4 deserving members at once! Thank you Atmer, Old One, Blackthorne TA and Beren!

Old Tue, 22nd Jan '13, 3:50am   #95
Old One
SPS Account Holder
The Old Warrior

Like: 28
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,147
Level: 11
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnPosting GuruHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
Old One will become famous soon enoughOld One will become famous soon enough

It's nice to be in good company.
Old One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 22nd Jan '13, 9:34am   #97
Harbourboy

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Thanks to all four of you !
Old Tue, 22nd Jan '13, 8:26pm   #98
Old One
SPS Account Holder
The Old Warrior

Like: 28
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,147
Level: 11
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnPosting GuruHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
Old One will become famous soon enoughOld One will become famous soon enough

@Harbourboy
Very welcome HB.
Old One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 22nd Jan '13, 10:13pm   #99
Blades of Vanatar
Vanatar will rise again

Like: 90
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,559
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Blades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond repute

It just dawned on me that "Member of the Week" could be a MUG topic. Just saying.
Old Tue, 22nd Jan '13, 10:34pm   #100
Blackthorne TA
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind

If that is the case, I say again: Hooray for us!

Likes (1):
Blackthorne TA is offline   Reply With Quote