1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cleric domain power descriptions?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ratwhowouldbeking, Oct 19, 2004.

1. ratwhowouldbeking Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Okay, I posted this in another thread, but hard to tell if it'll get read by those who can answer...
    The instruction manual that comes with ToEE makes cleric domain powers into fine print... it lists all the spells but none of the powers... does anyone have a link to the info, or can write out the powers for me?
    I already know that Sun gives improved turning (but I don't think it gives the feat... I was able to take the improved turning feat with the sun domain, before I realized there WERE domain powers in the game), War gives weapon focus in the god's favoured weapon, and Destruction gives a Paladin's Smite. So I definitely know at least two powers are different from NWN (as most D&D things tend to be).
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I believe you can access all of the domain power desciptions by clicking on them in the creation screen. It gives you a list of all domains, then click on each to get associated powers, free feats, skill mods, and spells.

3. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The domain list is buried in the help section -- you have to click on "Classes", then "Cleric", and then "Domains". To save you the trouble, here are the domain powers in one handy location:

TURNING BOOSTS

Air..... Turn Earth elementals, rebuke Air elementals
    Earth..... Turn Air elementals, rebuke Earth elementals
    Fire..... Turn Water elementals, rebuke Fire elementals
    Water..... Turn Fire elementals, rebuke Water elementals
    Plant..... Turn plants and fungi
    Sun..... Greater Turning once per day

There are lots of fungi in the lower levels of the Temple...

SPELL IMPROVEMENTS

Chaos..... Anarchic spells get a +1 level boost
    Evil..... Evil spells get a +1 level boost
    Good..... Good spells get a +1 level boost
    Healing..... Healing spells get a +1 level boost
    Knowledge..... Divination spells get a +1 level boost
    Law..... Axiomatic spells get a +1 level boost

Maybe Healing isn't so worthless after all, with the +1 level boost.

CLASS SKILLS

Animal..... Knowledge (Nature) is a class skill
    Plant..... Knowledge (Nature) is a class skill
    Knowledge..... All Knowledge skills are class skills
    Travel..... Survival is a class skill
    Trickery..... Bluff and Hide are class skills

As far as I know, no Knowledge skills were left in ToEE, so Animal, Plant, and Knowledge are worthless in this regard.

BONUS FEATS

War..... Free Martial Weapon Proficiency and Weapon Focus feats

Weapon determined by deity -- in ToEE, limited to longsword, longspear, or morningstar.

TACTICAL BOOSTS

Luck..... Once per day, automatically reroll a failed roll
    Protection..... Once per day, add cleric level to a single resistance check
    Strength..... Once per day, boost Strength by cleric level for one round
    Travel..... Freedom of Movement is dynamically and automatically applied for one round per cleric level per day

Travel is unusual in that the power isn't a one-shot deal -- it gets reapplied over the day, as long as "rounds" remain. A L10 cleric could fend off a 5-round Slow in the morning and then another 5-round Slow in the evening.

TACTICAL THREATS

Death..... Once per day, use "Death Touch" -- multiply cleric level by 1D6, and if greater than target's HP, target dies. No save!
    Destruction..... Once per day, Smite opponent -- +4 attack, +cleric level in damage

Death Touch can be very effective because it has no save. Save it for boss characters once their HP are worn down.

ARCANE CROSSOVERS

Magic..... Able to use arcane scrolls, wands, etc. as if player has wizard levels equal to 1/2 cleric levels

Keep in mind that with the level cap, this means that a L10 cleric could only use scrolls like a L5 wizard -- not impressive.

[ October 21, 2004, 05:37: Message edited by: Grey Magistrate ]

4. ratwhowouldbeking Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is it possible that the Animal domain gives Survival as a class skill instead?

Thanks for the info!

5. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

That's a great idea, ratwhowouldbeking...but I just checked, and it doesn't. Neither Knowledge (Nature) and Knowledge (All) give you additional class skills. But Trickery does give you Bluff and Hide, so it isn't that the game is bugged -- it just doesn't have any Knowledge skills, so there's no way to award the (existing) bonus.

Maybe a modmaker will want to tweak the game? Survival does seem like a good stand-in for Knowledge (Nature).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.